What's new

DIY channel airing a HOW TO show on Home Theater construction! (1 Viewer)

captaincrash

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Hey folks...

This week on the DIY (Do It Yourself) channel they are running a How to Build it show series on building a home theater! It airs every day at 6:30PM ... and it started a few days ago!

And since we have mostly missed several episodes - they were nice enough to replay ALL 5 of the episodes all together in a mini-marathon on Saturday/Sunday morning/evening this weekend! Check your local schedule for the exact show times!

I DVR'd yesterdays and todays' ... having just watched some of one episode... and it is quite cool with tips and live examples of many issues they are contending with. At one point they were building a floating wall, and floor. They were addressing the use of alternating wall panels to deal with high and low frequency reflections. Sound transmission through doors. Building low cost set ups for a bed and breakfast suite using, among other things - a home made screen as opposed to an expensive professionally made screen. And much much more!

So if you can get the DIY channel... check out the saturday morning schedule - or try to catch the show being aired tomorrow at 6:30PM... assuming the schedule is the same in your part of the country!

Here is a convenient link to the DIY home page with home theater building sho info... http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_..._36343,00.html

Cheers!

harana

Grip
Real Name
Haseeb

Are these 5 episodes on the internet somewhere? How can i get them? Thanks!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Set your trusty DVR, VCR or DVD recorder for DIY on 8/4 at 1pm EDT. All 5 episodes are scheduled according to the DIY web site.

-Robert

harana

Grip
Real Name
Haseeb

I just checked and I don't get this channel. Yuck!
Is there anyother way to get these episodes?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Find a friend with this channel or upgrade your cable for a month. Other legal ways that can be discussed on this forum? No. But they should be available via the same way that digital music is traded illegally.

-Robert

harana

Grip
Real Name
Haseeb
I did find a friend who had the channel and he taped all 5 episodes for me..:)

I have watched them all and I am a little confused now. DIY makes it too simple to build and HT. My question to experts here; is that true? Like the way they did the acoustic treatment in the wall and on the wall. That seems too easy. I am not looking for difficult solution, i just want to understand if they made it too simple or is it really that simple???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks