Difference between antenna and satellite connection on surge protector

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Mike Mace, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Mike Mace

Mike Mace Stunt Coordinator

Hi, I was just wondering what the differences between the antenna and satellite connections were for on say a panamax max 1500 surge protector?

I have a panamax 1000 on my system now and whenever I try to hook up the coax cables I lose my digital channels after a few hours/days and it says I am not subscribed any more.

Any ideas?

2. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

There should be no difference, to the best of my knowledge. All of the power strips I've ever seen just ground the coax.

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

try emailing or calling Panamax.

4. MichaelDDD

MichaelDDD Supporting Actor

Mike
    Your cable box/company uses two-way communication b/t their server and your cable box.

It's apparent that your current surge protector does not support this two-way communication. I'd email Panamax and ask which models do.

5. Mike Mace

Mike Mace Stunt Coordinator

Just emailed panamax with the question....anyone else out there know a surge protector with 2 way communication on the coax lines?

6. Jack_TN

Jack_TN Stunt Coordinator

I'd be interested in what Panamax says. The Max8DBS+5 has 2 inputs 'engineered' for cable and 2 'engineered' for satellite, so I would assume there is a difference. I think I read somewhere that satellite systems operate with different voltages from cable.

Jack