What's new

Difference between antenna and satellite connection on surge protector (1 Viewer)

Mike Mace

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I was just wondering what the differences between the antenna and satellite connections were for on say a panamax max 1500 surge protector?

I have a panamax 1000 on my system now and whenever I try to hook up the coax cables I lose my digital channels after a few hours/days and it says I am not subscribed any more.

Any ideas?

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
There should be no difference, to the best of my knowledge. All of the power strips I've ever seen just ground the coax.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Your cable box/company uses two-way communication b/t their server and your cable box.

It's apparent that your current surge protector does not support this two-way communication. I'd email Panamax and ask which models do.

Mike Mace

Stunt Coordinator
Just emailed panamax with the question....anyone else out there know a surge protector with 2 way communication on the coax lines?

Jack_TN

Stunt Coordinator
I'd be interested in what Panamax says. The Max8DBS+5 has 2 inputs 'engineered' for cable and 2 'engineered' for satellite, so I would assume there is a difference. I think I read somewhere that satellite systems operate with different voltages from cable.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks