What's new

Details: Kill Bill: Volume One (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Ok. Please help me on this. I have the opportunity to get the R1 DVD or order the Japanese R2 this Friday. Of course I prefer to get the uncut Japanese version but before that I have a question.

If there is only one thing that is the most distracting thing to me, it’s to have unnecessary English subtitles over the English dialogs! So I have never seen this movie. If I understand correctly this movie contains non-English dialogs with English subtitles. If I get the Japanese version, would I be forced to see the English subtitle from start to end or is it only over the necessary parts!

MattWel

Stunt Coordinator
I could be wrong but for the Japanese release you will either have to have the subtitles on the whole time or not on at all. That means we will have to turn the subtitles on from our remote when the Japanese speaking parts of the film come up if we don't want subtitles for the whole film.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Thanks but I also want to have sure information about the Japanese DVD. Anyone has actually seen it or knows it from a Japanese DVD site? When is the release date? (JR2) Is it this month?

MattWel

Stunt Coordinator
The release date is April 16th, I have pre-ordered it. I am 99% sure there will be no way to see English subtitles for just the Japanese speaking parts unless you manually turn them on with your dvd player remote when those parts come up.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Then I will get the R1 DVD since it would be distracting to do it manually. How many non-English scenes are there? Are there a lot?

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I've seen the R1 DVD, and it has 2 English subtitle options. 1 turns on the subs the entire time, the other default setting has subs just for the Japanese parts. The good news is they chose a font which is almost identical to the theatrical burned in subs, the only difference is they occasionally are below the frame.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I thought the subs integrated with the movie really well - they looked natural, not like most player-generated text...

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Man, I wish the subs didn't go below the frame at all. When I upgraded to a FPTV set-up, I never even thought of the player generated subtitiles as a consideration for this kind of set-up. I guess I'll have to figure something out.:frowning:

BarryS

Second Unit

Yes, it will. The "Making of Kill Bill" featurette on the DVD (which includes footage from Volume 2) shows a brief clip of an animated scene where a character is watching a house burn down. Unless this is a deleted scene, it should appear in Volume 2.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i love anime and i thought that the anime scene was a great way to tell o'ren's story. especially considering her japanese heritage. makes sense to me.... am i weird or something???

MatS

Screenwriter
not weird at all
the anime scene was wonderfully executed (no pun intended) and a highlight in a movie filled with highlights

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I remmeber that scene Nick.

Also read today a Anime Prequel to Kill BIll is being made. QT is writing and producing.

BarryS

Second Unit
You're right. I consulted the DVD, and indeed, there it is. I guess I just missed that shot, because I didn't recognize it. My mistake. I guess it's yet to be seen whether Volume 2 will have an anime scene.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
I emailed Paul Champagne asking him to make a Kill Bill case. The good thing about this is that then you can buy the keepcase editions and still get a very nice case to put them in. The cases are not really that expensive, around $30 for most of them. This is how the cases are made:

"These Collector's Cases are made of either gold or silver anodized aluminum and brushed gold or silver ABS. Laser engraved in black over the brushed metal finish or finished in full color using the latest digital laser color imaging system. The cases will fit on a standard DVD shelf."

Here´s an example of one of his cases:

Read more about it on his site:
http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/index.html

To be able to make a nice case for Kill Bill he needs to find appropriate, good quality artwork. So please help me find that kind of artwork. Thank you!

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Just think about what he could do with Kill Bill if he gets a good source for the artwork! So any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
I know sometimes the movie site at IGN has high resolution movie posters. I'll check.

EDIT- No, nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks