What's new

Desperate Housewives S2 (1 Viewer)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I think it helps that Edie is on the cover, and Betty Applewhite isn't.

Really, the apples in the background would play off the silk-esque appearance of the background in the first season promo pic used, the women are in dresses (though they're visible black dresses this time), and (most importantly) it looks great.

TimothyO

Agent

They could also do another slip-cover of this. The woman could be on the clear cover over the apples. Just like the dresses were on the clear cover over the ladies.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Exactly!

Except the women were on the clear cover for the first season. That cover would require the women (dresses included) on the slip cover.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Aside from Baywatch, this is easily one of the dumbest shows with once-hot women to ever become a hit. If it weren't for the narration of a dead woman (Mary Alice), I might have gotten into Desparate Housewives....

I take that back....most of the women from Baywatch are still hot (with the exception of Alexandra Paul), but that too was unwatchable as a TV series.

TimothyO

Agent
I really like the box art for the second season of Desperate Housewives. What I would like to know is what's up with "The Extra Juicy Edition"?

Craig*P

Auditioning
Received my copy of Desperate Housewives S2 today. Interestingly, Buena Vista have chosen to put 5 eps each on Discs 1-4 and 4 eps on Disc 5, leaving the 6th Disc devoted entirely to bonus features (of which there are a few). I have briefly checked the picture quality and it seems to be fine (however I'm not a huge AV boffin, so that's a lay opinion). This probably lends weight to the argument that, despite its 27 episodes, Grey's Anatomy S2 will be confined to 6 discs.

Speculations on the cover art were correct - the 5 housewives appear on a plastic slip cover that slides over the apple covered digipack (ala Season 1).

Will delve into these discs more deeply when I finish House S2.

Craig.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, one thing to be considered is that the average hour long series is 39-40 minutes now. Hour long shows from the 70's were 48-49 minutes and shows before that were even longer. In all honestly, fitting five episodes of Desperate Housewives to one disc is not much different than fitting FOUR episodes of Starsky And Hutch or Charlie's Angels to a disc. It's about the same length, so for shows from the past 4-5 years, five episodes to a disc for current dramas should be the norm, unless it's a Seinfeld route where it's jam-packed with extras on each disc.

Hank E

Stunt Coordinator
I just heard someone mention Walmart will have a bonus disc for the season 2 set. Does anyone know what's going to be on it?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
their bonus disc for season 1 was rubbish, so I'm not having any expectations for the next one

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I think the bonus disc is of the episode that they have during the year that catches you up. Lost has one of those type of episodes aswell.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Target has it on sale this coming Tuesday for $35.99. In addition, you also get a $5 Gift Card with this purchase as well knocking the price down to about $30. No bonus disk though.

Hank E

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone gets the bonus disc from Walmart can you post a list of what is definitely on it? Thanks.

andyEckles

Agent
Okay, I know I was the one to start this thread by cementing my displeasure with season 2! But I did buy it (Yes, I know, I'm a hypocrit). But seriously, I only bought it because a loal discount store exclusive to my area had them on sale for $17.50!!! I couldnt' believe it. On top of that, I got a $5 rewards card for my next purchase. So it was like getting it for $12.50! Amazin!

Matthew_B

Agent
Real Name
Matthew
I ended up purchasing this (on sale) as well, and was at first disappointed to find that the included rebate (where the more of the selected titles you buy you save more money) states at the bottom "Good in U.S.A." Being in Canada, one automatically thinks this means "Good in U.S.A. ONLY" however something in me told me not to automatically toss the rebate into the garbage and visit the website just in case. I did, and was pleasantly surprised to find that from the main page you can select USA or Canada, so they do allow Canadians to use the rebate.

However, I typed the 16 digits in exactly as they show on my rebate and the website says it's invalid. Better yet, there is no Help/Support section at all anywhere, no contact information... nothing. I guess they thought *no one* would have any problems? So, the only thing I could do was submit a "Got a Question?" form at the BVHS/Touchstone "Video" website since I don't know where else to go. If I receive any information from them I'll post it here.

If anyone else finds their rebate code doesn't work and finds the right place/department/person to contact at whichever establishment, please share this information here if you can for those of us less fortunate :)

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

Did you purchase the set in Canada? Because I did & rather than stating 'Good In U.S.A.' it states 'Good In Canada' at the bottom of the insert. I’ll let you know if mine works once I enter it.

This rebate offer may just entice me to buy Grey's Anatomy: Season 2 blindly. I already plan on buying Lost: Season 2. I have no interest in Commander In Chief, however.

Matthew_B

Agent
Real Name
Matthew
Yep, I purchased in Canada. I might expect a US-version had I bought from Amazon Canada (I normally do) but I couldn't beat the price at Sunrise Records so I bought it there. I guess their shipment was for the US version? I received an e-mail back from BVHE, a CSR named Kathy, who gave me her direct number to call (interesting...).

Will advise what happens, but since I'm working 12 hour days now, don't know if/when I'll have the time to call during normal business hours :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks