What's new

Denon AVR-3808CI Questions (1 Viewer)

Stan Welks

Stunt Coordinator
I have some speakers that I use with my old Pro Logic receiver. This included 3 speakers in the front and 2 for the rear.

I am now looking at the Denon AVR-3808CI.

1. How many speakers will I need to take full advantage of the capabilities of this receiver?

2. How difficult is it to setup and use this receiver for a newbie?

3. Are there any other receivers in this price range that I should consider?

Thanks.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Stan-
While most new receivers are capable of 7.1, you can get great results using 5 speakers and a sub. In fact with the 3808, you can take the extra 2 amp channels and use them to power a pair of speakers in another room, that can play another source while you are watching a movie in the main room.

It's not that hard to set up. There is a great GUI and the Audyssey software makes set up a breeze. There are a lot of options in the menu and if you try to go through them all it may be overwhelming, but it't not that hard to get it up and running with the auto calibration.

Onkyo has the 705 and 805, but the 3808 is an outstanding piece. I have two and am very satisfied. There is a good discussion in the receiver area about the 3808 here that may provide more info:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...-overview.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks