What's new

DD-EX & DTS-ES encoded movies listing (1 Viewer)

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Troy,I guess this is how you got comfirmation on A.I. as well?

Thanks for your continioud efforts!

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
I guess this is how you got comfirmation on A.I. as well?
Lewis,

A.I. was listed in advance as having both EX & ES. There was no verification needed. Also, multiple DVD review sites have already reviewed A.I. and confirmed both sound formats.

Thanks for the support.

Troy

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
'.I. was listed in advance as having both EX & ES. There was no verification needed. Also, multiple DVD review sites have already reviewed A.I. and confirmed both sound formats. '

When I watched this I do not remember my onkyo TX-DS989 showing ES, only DTS??

I will check it out tonight.

Marc

Jim Tressler

Stunt Coordinator
what dd-ex titles have the auto flag so it will trip the reciever into dd-ex mode automatically? Phantom Menace wont do it, you have to set it manually.

thanks!

jim

David L

Agent
what dd-ex titles have the auto flag so it will trip the reciever into dd-ex mode automatically? Phantom Menace wont do it, you have to set it manually.
Jim, I have found the only one so far to be Jurassic Park 3. It trips the flag and activates DD-EX on its own. Yes, I wondered about the Phantom Menace too, I have to trip it manually. I though it was a THX-EX issue, but it won't trip that one either. Of course, all the DTS-ES discs trip the DTS flag without fail each and every time! Let me know if you find another one.
David L. :emoji_thumbsup:

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Jim, I have found the only one so far to be Jurassic Park 3. It trips the flag and activates DD-EX on its own. Of course, all the DTS-ES discs trip the DTS flag without fail each and every time! Let me know if you find another one.
Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire Collector's Edition is, oddly enough, autoflagged for DD-EX but not for DTS-ES.
-Lyle J.P.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
New confirmations;
A.I., The Haunted Castle (3D), Encounters In The Third Dimension (3D) and Alien Adventure (3D) ARE NOT DTS-ES.
The list has been updated accordingly.
1 year celebration (May 9, 2001)!!!!
Many thanks to all the contributors!
Troy

I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone have an idea why so many movies that are in DD-EX or DTS-ES are not labeled on the packaging as being so?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks