What's new

DD-EX & DTS-ES encoded movies listing (1 Viewer)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I think Atlantis: The Lost Empire SE's DTS track is ES Matrix encoded. The Mouse has yet to use DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 encoding.

Dan

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Troy recently I played the Eric Clapton BB King DVD-Audio disc[Riding with the King] in DTS and the signal detector light came on,meaning it is ES encoded,but only Matrix not Discrete.No such "activity" with the Dolby track.

Also there isn't anything about this on the packaging anywhere.So you might wanna investigate?

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Updates
  • SMR's website has Kiss Of The Dragon listed as an EX release.
    I've followed up with that on multiple avenues and I can't seem to verify its validity. I'm not going to list that one until I can verify it.
  • Atlantis - includes DTS-ES matrix update. (Interesting note; only the two-disc collector's edition will have DTS).
  • Lewis,
    Nothing that I've found indicates an ES mix on that particular DVD-Audio disc. If I find out something more, I'll post another update.
Hopeful DTS-ES releases (based on theatrical presentation)-
  • The Others
  • Monster's Inc.
  • Harry Potter And The Sorceror's Stone
  • The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
Troy

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
New Lines Platinum release of "Bones" have DD-EX and DTS-ES discrete! Another good indication that we can expect DTS-ES for Lord of the Rings! :)

GaryCo

Agent
I just ordered the Outlaw 1050 and waiting for it to arrive tommorrow. I requested Sat del.

I am browsing this thread with interest and will read more later.

I have a lot of the movies mentioned, and as expected i want to play with the 6.1 when i get it going. What particular scenes or chapters best represent the format, I have heard the opening battle in Gladiator, and a scene in Austin Powers, i have in marked somewhere and i can not find it presently.

Thanks for the information

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
All three DVDs included in the Ultimate 3D package are encoded (and flagged) in DTS-ES Matrix:
Alien Adventure
Encounters in the 3rd Dimension
Haunted Castle
The DD track on each DVD seems to be encoded in DD EX, but it's not flagged as such.
Haunted Castle in particular uses the rear center channel a lot. This film is shown from one character's point of view, and whenever he speaks it comes from the rear center channel.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Joe,

Are you sure you don't have your receiver set on DTS-ES? I'm not finding anything that shows these titles as ES. I've got an email in to a friend to see if he can double check the ES status of those. Will update accordingly.

Thanks for the updates!

Highlander street update.

Troy

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
I've double-checked, and all three are definitely flagged as DTS-ES Matrix. My receiver indicates that the rear center channel is present, and it switches to DTS-ES Matrix decoding when in "auto" mode.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Thanks Joe for the updates. Selections added to the list.
So far as I can see, Harry Potter won't be EX encoded (let alone DTS). :frowning: Sup with that Warner?
Troy

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
I spoke too soon :b. According to Warner's site, Harry Potter will be EX encoded.

Good news. Still no DTS mentioned.

Troy

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Troy, Atlantis CE isn't DTS ES according to DTS online check it out.Definetely don't have any flag on it for sure.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
Damn it! I was hoping that Monsters INC. would be DTS-ES Descrete. Wasn't it in the theater? I know I went to a DTS thater and I know the back speakers were kick'n out a lot of sound!

At least it is DD-EX but I was hoping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks