What's new

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Season 9 (mild early season spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
I agree, great comments, Joe. The walk through the lab was the best Grissom ending to have. For a character like Grissom, to walk through the lab smiling, my thoughts were, he's happy, he can leave and it can function without him (and he can safely take credit for that). The "best student" comment was perplexing. Maybe Nick is now his best student. With Sara giving up the work and Worrick dead at the hands of his own profession, Nick has made it through the adversities and is still working and still alive. I would have thought the same that Worrick was considered his best student, but the last scenes at the end (the picture), Worrick was truly his friend first, more so than just a CSI colleague. I'm not sure if he really considered Sara his best, there were times when she could not be impartial to her work, which was her ultimate downfall as a CSI.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I took it as that Nick was a relatively young man when he started working with Grissom and he's watched him grow as a CSI and grow into a man over the decade or so that they worked together. That's not say that he didn't have an effect on the other people there but Catherine was an adult when she became a CSI, Warrick was a street smart guy prior to CSI and Sara worked other places before coming to Las Vegas so Nick is the one person that he watched grow into an adult.

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan

Oh God, I feel so much better.:rolleyes:You know I've wanted to get that out ever since the show started getting old and boring. But seriously it was a weight lifted off my chest. I can breath freely again!!! And I'm sorry, I must have not read the part were the OP said that only people who like the show can comment. And I'm sorry that you are so narrow minded that you can't accept a tiny bit of critizism toward an old worn out show. Just for you, next time i'll only express my feelings toward a show when the majority of people agree with me. I'm sorry that my opinion makes you angrey. You'll just have to tough it out. Now it's your turn to explain to me why I'm wrong for expressing my feelings about the show...............

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
*shrug* I don't think anything I've written in this thread needs to be explained, much less justified, and I don't "owe" anything to anybody in it. Pointless internet squabbles are another thing I don't waste my time on.

Regards,

Joe

mylan

Screenwriter

It doesn't appear that it had ever had a spark with you, is there a reason you are here, other than to annoy those of us who do enjoy the show?

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan

I just answered that question.;) Look 3 comments above this one and it's right their. I wasn't aware that I wasn't allowed to have an opinion on this subject.

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan

I never said the word "owe" in my comment. And I find it very hard to beleive that you don't waste your time with internet squabbles. Are you telling me that out of your (almost) 8,000 comments on this site alone that you have never had an argument?

Regards,

Keegan
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

I'm the OP and I've revised the first post accordingly.

P.S. CSI is the NUMBER ONE SHOW IN THE WORLD, and is hardly an 'old worn out show'.

In other words, threadcrappers can suck it. Thanks, Tina.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Random thoughts:
Perfect send out for Grissom. Leaves the door wide open for a guest return since the psychopath talked about having "many students".

I was happy with the choice of L.F. and even more so after the preview of the next sho

The sniper bullet coming at the bad guy in slo-mo was one of the best visuals I have ever seen on this show, especially since I didn't expect it. I was thinking Brass was going to knock the door down first.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed this new episode with Langston coming on as CSI level 1.

He had quite a rough first shift, got his tie into the corpse, ruined his shoes and pants and shirt and spit on. And I think we got a hint as his secret, must be something related to his childhood.

And I like how they got his character to impress Hodges as a way to get on his better side or at least be able to see him as something other then Grissom's replacement. Seems a bit Grissom like how he went about recreating the bomb to prove his theory.

I guess Fishborne gets top billing as star while Marg is number 2. But Marg is the boss of the shift. And I liked Eckley's line about not making Grissom's office a shrine! Nice how they worked it out.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
The only problem I have with it is now the main character is a Jr. Member and doesn't know what he is doing half of the time instead of the expert who is the mentor. I guess we could follow his development as the other members give him a hand, but that would get rather old. I'm not sure if it was just a "lets get the new guy" moment, but I can't recall any other time that the CSI had to help lift dead bodies...

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Langston may be a novice CSI, but he's a physician and professor approaching the age of 50. He has a lot in the way of specific scientific knowledge and life experience to impart to his younger colleagues, and with his intellect and training it won't take him long to master the skills of a CSI. He'll be an expert long before his being a newbie gets "old".

Regards,

Joe

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I think that will slowly fade away. For example at the end he figured out what the cause of the explosion was. Also, this is similar to when Greg started doing field work. He was a novice. But, within a few episodes he knew what he was doing.

The biggest thing with Fishburne's character. He has all of the skills. He just doesn't have the protocol's and practical experience (ie-knowing what to put in his kit and how to dress).

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member

Plus his obvious issue with what appears to be abused or mistreated children as we see him cross the line with the father and CSI Riley Adams smoothes things over.

The other thing I saw that could be developing is Catherine hooking up with Dr. Langston! At least a flirtation

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
His on-screen credit was interesting in that it didn't have a "Starring" preceding it, the way Petersen's name had.

All in all, it was a great introduction for Langston, and this whole new beginning was certainly worth it and things are going to be just fine without the good Doctor Grissom, though he will certainly be missed....at least good ol' fetal pig is staying firmly in place.

Robert A. Willis Jr.

Second Unit
I have a problem with an M.D., expert and professor taking such a low position. Why would he do that? I guess this will be a story line in the future.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Part of his backstory was explained when they first hire Fishburne to appear on the show. I am not sure if it's still going to be used.

Supposedly he has the abnormal gene that serial killers have. And this is supposed to be the reason he is criminology. To see what makes them tick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks