What's new

CPO Sharkey ... am I the only one who remembers this one? (1 Viewer)

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I received the set yesterday and watched the first episode tonight. I laughed a lot. It undoubtedly helps that I was in the Navy in the late sixties.

Incidentally, the Navy boot camp in San Diego was closed years ago, but the USS Recruit training ship and some of the original Navy buildings are still standing.

USS Recruit San Diego.jpg

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I ended up going through the CPO Sharkey Season 1 set at the rate of 1 disc per evening and I laughed my way all the way through. I hope we hear news for a Season 2 set very soon as it would be great to complete the series.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
ChrisALM said:
I ended up going through the CPO Sharkey Season 1 set at the rate of 1 disc per evening and I laughed my way all the way through. I hope we hear news for a Season 2 set very soon as it would be great to complete the series.
I watched about three in a row each night for a week so it didn't take long to get through it. I, too, hope for the second season soon.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Glad to hear that season 2 is coming soon...and those 4 specials also...but of course I would have preferred to have all this together in a one complete release...

It was great seeing Don appear on Letterman, Jimmy Fallon and The Daily Show in recent months, with CPO SHARKEY season 1 in hand as a promo...and the fact that anybody who's anybody in comedy wants to share in-your-face time with him...

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Flashgear said:
Glad to hear that season 2 is coming soon...and those 4 specials also...but of course I would have preferred to have all this together in a one complete release...
Mr. Warmth: The Ultimate Don Rickles TV Collection(Oct. 20, $69.95 SRP, 8 discs):
  • Contains four classic one-hour network television specials from the 1970s featuring Mr. Warmth with an impressive list of guest stars specials include the hilarious shows Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Special and Don Rickles: Alive and Kicking. In addition to the specials this set includes the complete series of his beloved show CPO Sharkey.
Taken from:http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/CPO-Sharkey-Season-2-and-Best-of-Season-1-and-Mr-Warmth-Ultimate/21488#ixzz3kAB69ykg

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I am happy this is coming so quickly. I didn't realize there were any specials and I am curious to here more about these.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
John, the MISTER WARMTH collection looks to be a great deal with all that content...I just wish it had been released simultaneously with season 1, which I already have...just wish we would have had the chance to choose, seeing as this complete series set with the 4 specials have followed on so quickly...oh well...

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Flashgear said:
John, the MISTER WARMTH collection looks to be a great deal with all that content...I just wish it had been released simultaneously with season 1, which I already have...just wish we would have had the chance to choose, seeing as this complete series set with the 4 specials have followed on so quickly...oh well...
I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks