What's new

Conviction (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else watch the pilot for Conviction on I-Tunes. I liked the courtroom and office stuff but (and I can't believe I am saying this) there was way too much phuking going on. I haven't seen Grey's Anatomy, but imagine this is the same thing with lawters instead of doctors.

Also, do any NYC ADAs drink anything except whisky or tequila shots?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
The reviews have been pretty bad. I was thinking of watching it but...do we really need another Law and Order show? Sure, it doesnt have Law and Order in the title but it features a main character from another show.
It's time for Dick Wolf to try something new.

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator
I stopped watching the olympics because every time I saw a promo for this show I wanted to swallow my own tongue.

Steve Meil

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Dick Wolf ought to be ashamed of himself. This show is a piece of garbage. There is way to many characters. Trial by Jury was 10 X better. I will not be watching again.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Hey, it's got got J. August Richards (Gunn from Angel) so I at the very least had to watch the first episode. I won't be tuning in next week.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I was actually flipping channels at the top of the hour and landed on this when I saw Elias Koteas. I love his work. I was even disappointed that the nine million commercials for the show hadn't told me that he was a cast member because that would have been a drawing point for me.

Needless to say, I turned the show off halfway through when he got riddled with bullets. That's the end of the show for me. :thumbsdown:

Brad

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I caught the pilot on iTunes and it was all I ever needed to see.

First of all, the audience focus character is dumber than a box of hair by facillitating the murder of his überboss by sheer incompetence and then none of his co-workers seem to mind that he is responsible. But what really got me pissed off is J. August Richards' character, who tells this woman he will prosecute her abusive boyfriend to the fullest extent of the law and then wants to dump the case when she changes her mind on pressing charges. I'm used to my Dick Wolf characters fighting the good fight no matter what (see McCoy), not weasel out of a case because it might tarnish their perfect conviction record.

The less said about the horndog, the better. The only character, besides the beloved Alex Cabot, I liked was the blue collar lawyer who is shtooping their deputy boss.

I think the show could be retooled and saved. Right now, the balance between cases and personal life is out of whack, there is too little Cabot and they have too many lawyers. Ditch the deputy, put Alex in direct charge and lose one of the junior brigade. Sort of the same thing doomed Trial by Jury because they focused too much on their 'gimmick' of showing what was going on inside the defense. As horrid as their pilot was, it was a teensy bit better than this show (mostly because we didn't have 5 main & 3 supporting characters running around).

Tony_La

Stunt Coordinator
I tuned in because of the "return" of Alex Cabot (Stepahnie March), my favorite ADA of all the L&O shows. I agree that there was too little of her. Also, last I remember from SVU, she was still in witness protection. Now she's back and no background episode on her coming back? I don't get it.

The show was ok, I tune in again to she if Alex gets a bigger role.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Tony, I thought that Alex came out of witness protection on "SVU" to testify against someone.

According to this interview, Stephanie said she doesn't appear much in the first several episodes so they can establish the newer characters. However, she will then get to delve a lot more into Alex's character and personal life.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-03...news-headlines

While I recorded the first episode, the comments seem very negative. . .!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I really didn't care for it in the end. There was WAY too much going on at the same time towards the end. They threw too many characters at you. It started out slow and by the time the show was over it was going by so fast you were left with a "what just happened?" feeling.

I see this show making a quick exit.

Tony_La

Stunt Coordinator
Elizabeth - thanks for refreshing my memory. But at the end of that epsiode, when the gang was celebrating, Alex had "disappeared" again back into witness protection. Thanks for the sotry link.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Cabot wasn't just in witness protection - they had actually faked her death to protect her. I hope the new show lasts long enough to explain what she's doing back. :)

Regards,

Joe

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
They did explain her disappearance and return in episode 132 "Ghost" of SVU. I think she came out of WP and decided to stay out at the end of the show.

TV.com

Not the best summary overall, but the show itself was an intense emotional rollercoaster.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
After last night's episode, I wonder what the hell is wrong with the writers. Is this a show designed to make you hate all of the characters?

Let's see:

A murderous DA.

A DA who we like from another show throws someone under the bus to get a witness.

DA's easily overpowered by the celebrity factor.

I give up., This isn't a bad idea for a show, but it's terribly written. Damn, bring back Trial by Jury or something.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I watched the show for the first time last night and wasn't too impressed. The actor playing the attorney with the rape victim was very stiff. Stephanie March looked odd too - I think they need a new makeup person.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I just watched it on the TiVO. I completely give up. This show seems to just do it's damned best to make the prosecutors look like pretty soulless, pathetic people who have nothing behind them.

And what is up with the evil counselmen black-balling the DA in the United Brothers? That subplot made no sense at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks