What's new
World Wide Stereo

Component video in/out broken? (1 Viewer)

Geoff::L

Agent
I just got my receiver (HK 230) and I tried connecting the component cable from my DVD player to the receiver and then another set of component cable from the receiver to the TV. When I watched a movie it had a greenish tint to it. It seemed like the reds were not coming through.
I double-checked it to make sure I had the right cables going to the right color inputs also.

I connected the component cable directly from the DVD player to the TV and the picture was fine. I tried both component cables and they were both good.

Does this mean that there might be something wrong with the receiver or do I have to set something up with the receiver?

728x90

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Geoff,

It should work. How do pictures of other sources (going through your receiver) look?

If you don't have other sources, is there a need indeed to loop your video image through the receiver?

Cees

Geoff::L

Agent
It was the component cable I bought from Target that was defective. It seemed to work at first when connected directly to the TV but then after awhile the screen would go a yellowish green again and then back to normal.

I replaced it with an RCA brand component cable from Home Depot and everything works fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks