What's new

Comparing B&W CM1, Totem Mite, Wharfedale 9.0, & Ascend HTM200 (1 Viewer)

HarpSingh

Agent
Comparing BW CM1, Totem Mite, Wharfedale 9.0, and Ascend HTM200. I know they are not all in the same class, but I'm trying to find quality bookshelfs that fit my requirement of less than 6.5" wide.

Any comments regarding these set of speakers, and how I should go about comparing them. I will be auditioning them with different dealers. Since audio-memory is very short, how would you compare the listening sessions?

Thanks

HarpSingh

Agent
I just spontaneously went to a dealer to hear the Totem Mites. Unbelievable imaging and note clarity. Wide soundstage. Off axis response was good - the hi frequencies did not roll off as I moved to a side.

However, this was a sudden audition, so I will have to go back again with my CD's. I have an unmastered studio recording of my wife (a classical vocalist) that I want to listen to. Since I know how she sounds "unplugged", this untouched excellent recording should help me assess the different speakers.

HarpSingh

Agent
I'm surprised no one has any comments on any of the speakers I listed. Lots of info on ascends at this and other sites, but nothing much on the others.

I'd really appreciate comments about the Totem Mites and the B&W CM1 to help me choose between the two. I have good ears, that is, I can tell when I'm listening to a mp3 vs CD and when someone goes off-key (this is what happens when you are married to a classical vocalist - many songs I loved when I was single now sound awful to me). I am auditioning, but being a novice, my ears are untrained to what a good speaker needs to sound like. Therefore I'd like some assistance in choosing.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks