What's new

Community Season 4 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Heroic Origins It was cool to see how they linked everyone together.But definitely not a funny episode.Pierce again was written out.And I'm betting that the five second shot of Piece overloading the yogurt machine was a body double.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I actually hated the 'linking everyone together' part, because it disagrees with the core concept that the show was based around. ...Plus, it just wasn't a good episode in general.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My issue is not the linkage, but the incessant navel gazing that has been going on this season. This reminded me of the puppet episode.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Joe_H said:
I actually hated the 'linking everyone together' part, because it disagrees with the core concept that the show was based around. ...Plus, it just wasn't a good episode in general.
For the most part, I agree. I don't know it really goes against the idea of random strangers becoming friends but I hate when they add to characters' "origin stories" simply because they want to write a story where the characters had intersected or interacted earlier. A show like Lost can make that type of thing work but not Community. I hate to say it but at this point, I have no problem if this show doesn't get renewed.

The only funny part of this episode was mocking the losers who still incessantly whine to every and anyone about The Phantom Menace after all this time.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
My kids have gotten into Community this season and to prepare them for next week's multiverse battle between the Prime and Darkest timelines we watched Remedial Chaos Theory from early in Season 3. I was struck by how far the show had fallen. To be fair, I think the show has gotten better as season 4 went on, but what is really missing is the guiding hand of Harmon. He was so intricately involved in each episode and shaped the landscape of the show. He was the one who kept the characters true to themselves (Abed is noticeably different now compared to Remedial Chaos Theory), and, most likely, was the one who added all the meta references inside the show. I didn't have a problem with last week's backstory episode, but it would have been so much better with Harmon running things. Without him the show is flat.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Like Paul DG I too watched Remedial Chaos Theory again and found to be quite brilliant. I only saw it once and I liked it even better the second time around.Season 1-3 will always be "Community"I don't say this much, but I'm fine with this not being renewed.At least we had three great seasons.And I will always remember my time I got to walk thought the set of Greendale at Paramount last year.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Yeah, this episode was pretty bad and a sign that they just don't know how to use these characters without Harmon's guidance. I'm done. Cancel away.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
If it's not it for the network, I think it is for the majority of fans. Who wants another season of what we just got?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Anyone notice the chalkboard that said six seasons and a movie. It looks like the group of us that went on the Paramount tour and went through the community set, must have been after they filmed the finale. Looking at my pictures, there's a lot of the same flyers from this episode that weren't in the past season four episodes.Finale was average. Might have to watch it again.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I thought the finale was one of the worst episodes of the entire show, to be honest. It felt like someone just asked "what did people like in the past" and so they did a mindless mixup of two popular themes that already were wearing thin.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think that's a good description of the whole season, coupled with a need to constantly self examine and deconstruct the characters and relationships. It's basically everything that was bad about the Seinfeld finale, but used for the foundation of 13 episodes.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm shocked. To the point that when I read the news on another site, I checked another place thinking that what I just read had to be wrong.

Overall, I didn't hate this season as much as basically everyone else here but I would have had no problem seeing it end last night.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I like it and the characters so I'm very happy to have it back.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
TravisR said:
I'm shocked. To the point that when I read the news on another site, I checked another place thinking that what I just read had to be wrong.

Overall, I didn't hate this season as much as basically everyone else here but I would have had no problem seeing it end last night.
Well, before it started up again, I thought there was no chance of a fifth season. With how horribly NBC has continued to do though, it seemed like there was a pretty good chance as time went on.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, I'll watch it but I won't like it. ;-)Seriously though, this is their chance to evaluate and hopefully course correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks