What's new

Columbia: about your TV series (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
And what of a season by season Muppet Show?

As it sits now, Columbia House exclusively delivered mail-order "best-of" dvd singles, and now it CTSHV is going to do the same in the mass market.

Please reconsider - I stopped buying Paramount's original Star Trek series after 2 discs because my shelves (and wallet) couldn't take 40 discs. Please follow the example of Fox - The Simpsons Season 1 box set is the best-selling TV series on DVD.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Meagan...while I had intentions of purchasing that disc for CA when it was released I did not for several reasons.

1) The cost. 20 bucks for two shows...not worth it. Consumers don't like to feel that they are being screwed...and I felt that way...I am sure others felt the same way. (Even at that time, we knew that they could have gotten more on the disc...if it wasn't another show...there is enough Angel information over the past twenty some years that could have been included.)

2) Give the show in order...not spaced apart.

3) That was early in the days of releasing television product onto DVD and honestly, I would to image the state of product as a whole.

4) DVD has come along way in three years and the nature of product produced has changed drastically. With the rash of television product arriving on the market in the past year, CA is a wonderful canidate for a DVD release.

Also Meagan, I think that what you are doing with your previewing is great...if that is what works for you. But there are enough fans of the series that would rush to get season boxes of CA...

Megan_A_D

Stunt Coordinator
Totally understood Chuck...

I was only responding to the implication in your post that Columbia need to put out a tester best of to prove that CA had an audience and well they already did is all I wanted to point out.

The rest was just my personal ramble... I will likely buy all these shows anyways but just trying to ease my pocketbook and make sure I keep my "error" rate down.

Error rate being when I buy something unseen because I'm sure I'll like it enough not to regret it. So far I can count that stuff on one hand: Hollow Man, Taxi Driver, Say It Ain't So. I have never regretted any of my TV purchases except the ones I bought impulsively in non season box set format. That's the CA disc I mentioned, and also the 2 disc set of Ally McBeal back in 2000.

Speaking of Ally... wonder why Fox is taking so long to put that show out? It was definently popular enough to warrant it but now that I think about it... there was a heck of a lot of music so rights could be holding it up.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Columbia/Tristar,

It would be a better idea to have chapters on your tv shows. Each episode would have a certain amount of chapters (this would help us to select certain scenes that we want to watch. I just purchased the 1st season of All In The Family yesterday morning at Best Buy in Whitehall, PA. We can't select what scenes that we want to watch since you don't have any chapter stops for the AITF DVD disc. FOX has chapter stops on their tv DVD discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks