What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

ClassicFlix Discussion Thread (9 Viewers)

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
@ClassicFlix , any update on those Hopalong Cassidy films? Any chance the first volume will be coming later this year? Or will it be 2024?

Thanks, David. I can't tell you how much I appreciate what ClassicFlix is doing for fans of rare material.
Volume 1 of Hoppy likely won't be out until Jan/Feb.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just wanted to complement you on the LIFE WITH FATHER DVD-any chance of a Blu-Ray release?
Not to speak for CF, but I think they answered this previously:

It's not a new restoration so it won't be on Blu-ray. It's an old master that looks very nice and probably is the best around, but does have some inherent flaws.

- David

Sounds like the source materials available do not support HD release.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...discussion-thread.372996/page-23#post-5203838

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Coming soon on Blu-ray, our restoration of the suspense-thriller CAUSE FOR ALARM! (1951) starring Loretta Young!

Check out a RAW SCAN clip from the film below.

- David

Thank you very much as I've been waiting many years to finally see a good A/V presentation of this movie. An excellent choice!

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Check out this RAW SCAN clip we just posted of DOG HEAVEN (1927), the 70th silent short produced in the Our Gang film series.

Scans on over 60 silent Our Gang shorts (of the surviving 88) have been performed to date and we continue to look for better material for at least half of the 60, plus additional material to fill in gaps of missing footage from the scans we already have.

We had hoped for a fall release, but the street date is looking more like a Dec-Feb time frame. We've also had to revise the number of shorts in Volume 1 to 8 instead of the previously mentioned 10. They will be:

PROD#, SHORT

# 1. Our Gang - (In most complete form)
# 2. Fire Fighters
# 3. Young Sherlocks (from 16mm Kodascope)
# 4. One Terrible Day
# 6. Saturday Morning
# 7. The Big Show! (from 35mm)
# 8. The Cobbler (from 35mm)
# 9. The Champeen! (from 16mm Kodascope)
# 11. A Pleasant Journey

ENJOY!

- David

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Considering they're almost 100 years old, even that raw scan looks pretty good for its age. :thumbsup:
Yes, a number of the later silent shorts we have so far are from 35mm like this one. I can tell you that this particular short is so sharp, with great depth, it will be breathtaking once we restore it.

For evidence of its clarity, check out Joe's shorts around the 01:18 mark.

- David

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
To be announced soon: our restoration of the Loretta Young suspense-thriller CAUSE FOR ALARM! (1951) on Blu-ray, but here's a sneak peek at the custom artwork.

Cause For Alarm BD 800.jpg

- David

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
To be announced soon: our restoration of the Loretta Young suspense-thriller CAUSE FOR ALARM! (1951) on Blu-ray, but here's a sneak peek at the custom artwork.

- David
Love the artwork and this is a great little film noir. Glad to see another film released from PD purgatory.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I love Cause for Alarm. Surprised to see it coming to Blu-Ray.

It was distributed by 20th Century Fox so I can't imagine that it has a chance unless it also has slipped into the public domain, but I'd love to see The Steel Trap. A similarly underrated movie in my book from right about the same time as Cause for Alarm and also apparently classified as a film noir.

Edit: Warner Brothers seems to be the streaming distributor for The Steel Trap, so maybe it does stand a chance by way of the Warner Archive program one of these days.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I love Cause for Alarm. Surprised to see it coming to Blu-Ray.

It was distributed by 20th Century Fox so I can't imagine that it has a chance unless it also has slipped into the public domain, but I'd love to see The Steel Trap. A similarly underrated movie in my book from right about the same time as Cause for Alarm and also apparently classified as a film noir.

Edit: Warner Brothers seems to be the streaming distributor for it, so maybe it does stand a chance by way of the Warner Archive program one of these days.
I'm confused which movie are you talking about in regard to Warner Archive?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks