What's new

CLASSIC TV Question about the color shows of the 1950s someone must know? (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Hope my friends can answer this with history ----- The Cisco Kid The Adventures Superman Sgt Preston etc

With those classic series being filmed in color and then having the negs stored until the mid 60s then surprising many who never knew the color broadcast would happen - what stock were they filmed on what process was used where were the negs stored? This history although mentioned is never discussed in depth - and why does no one try to restore them especially Cisco Kid
1671724872270.png

1671724915564.png

1671724978545.png

1671726102578.png

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I thought "The Adventures of Superman" was the first show shot in color.
ooops I forgot the last Season of The Lone Ranger too --- Superman I thought too there are so many historians here I hope they can tell us the early color tv history - Superman does look the best today compared to others Sgt Preston looks good today dreamworks owns the show wonder if the negs exist?

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I enjoy the series. Pamela Baird who was Mary Ellen Rogers on Leave it to Beaver plays Hildy, Ken's friend.
I hit the wrong reaction sorry ----- the correct one was LOVE!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
See post #12.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tried looking up Sgt Preston film stock. ImDB lists 35mm as the shooting stock for the negative in both B&W and colour. It doesn't identify type or brand, but I would suspect it might have been Eastman colour and or B&W.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Tried looking up Sgt Preston film stock. ImDB lists 35mm as the shooting stock for the negative in both B&W and colour. It doesn't identify type or brand, but I would suspect it might have been Eastman colour and or B&W.
Thank you!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
See post #12.

There are color episodes of I Led Three Lives on youtube thanks for the info on post 12

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Wasn't the entirety of the "Captain David Grief" (1956) series, from Guild Films, shot in color? That's one I'd like to see a bit more of.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks