What's new

Chuck - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Joe_H said:
I don't remember for sure, but it seems to me like the flashback in this last episode to right before the pilot doesn't actually fit with the plot introduced in the pilot.
In the pilot, Sarah and Casey were competing to take control of the Intersect. Sarah was working for the CIA under the director and Casey was working for the NSA under Beckman.
Also, it seemed a little weird for me that Sarah's mom, who hasn't seen her in five years, would have her fake name of "Sarah" programmed into her phone's contacts. We were told a while ago that that isn't actually her name, so why would the mother be using it before they even meet up again? I guess that's one of the things that the writers just want us to entirely forget about.
But Sarah Walker was her alias at the time she handed over the baby to her mom. I'm guessing that her mom was just obeying operational security for her daughter's sake. The biggest thing that didn't jive with me is that when Gary Cole's character was introduced, the show made it pretty clear that Sarah was stuck with her dad (and later grandmother) once her mom ditched them. This episode made it seem like Cole's character took Sarah away from her mom. I know she adored her dad growing up, but I still can't see her picking him if another, more stable option was available.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I've always found Chuck to play a little fast and loose with continuity and plausibility for the sake of emotional resonance (or if you want to be more critical, contrivance). Somehow I have tended to be more forgiving of this than I have with other shows, which doesn't make me annoyed with the show per se, but it does make me take it less seriously.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Cameron Yee said:
I've always found Chuck to play a little fast and loose with continuity and plausibility for the sake of emotional resonance (or if you want to be more critical, contrivance). Somehow I have tended to be more forgiving of this than I have with other shows, which doesn't make me annoyed with the show per se, but it does make me take it less seriously.
I do agree, this sort of stuff bothers me less than it would on other shows, since this is a more lighthearted one, just those things caught my attention this episode. The explanations above work I guess anyway though.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Boom! Head shot! I definitely LOL'd on that one.

I will definitely miss watching Chuck but it almost feels like they didn't write for a true series finale. There are two episodes left and I'm not quite sure how they are going to wrap up this show in a nice neat package.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Don't forget that the final "episode" is actually a double episode. Friday's was #9, and there are a total of 13 this season, so that's 4 more (over 3 nights).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yup. The promo over the teaser actually said "two more episodes before the series finale". I actually strongly get the feeling of resolution with these last few episodes. I don't see how the show ends that doesn't involve Chuck and Sarah settling down and having kids, and Casey finding peace.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It's always fun to see Lester get mistreated. I'm not sure how fast one would get knocked out by a tranq to the forehead though. I suspect it would mostly hurt like a SOB. :)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Seeing Casey at the end watching "Downton Abbey" with his daughter and, seemingly, enjoying it was fantastic. Of course he gave it his own twist.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I want Chuck to get the intersect back. Yes, we see he can be a competent spy and yes he is very smart. But, that was some of the fun with the show was him having the intersect. On a side note re: Chuck's dad....
Their was an interview with one of the producers. He was asked that a lot of fans want Chuck's dad to come back. He said he liked how his character ended and that he would keep it that way. But, he then made a cryptic response that he doen't always get what he wants and that we could see his dad come back.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Seeing Casey at the end watching "Downton Abbey" with his daughter and, seemingly, enjoying it was fantastic. Of course he gave it his own twist.
While watching tonight's NBC Nightly News, I found out that "Downton Abbey" is co-produced by an NBC affiliate. Interesting cross promotion the Friday before the season 2 premier.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Adam Lenhardt said:
Jeff gets brain fog again? Seriously, I'd rather everything be rainbows, puppy dogs, peaches and Herb, but I just hope it's not the death of a major or a relationship breakup. Maybe Sarah miscarries? :( As for the jump ahead to their kid having the Intersect: "Oh, look. She has my flashes. SHE HAS MY FLASHES?" "Daddy, that man over there built a bomb!"

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I do not like the description "satisfying, but almost tragic." It's the end of the show. I'm all for satisfying and happy.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
The way the previews were setup, it almost makes you believe a major character will be killed, either Sarah or Casey. If they do end it that way, tragic/happy, I have to think they want fans to be REALLY upset and write the network for another season or at least 5-10 more shows. It wouldn't be the first time this stunt was pulled, like Farscape, Magnum P.I. and some others. It would be a very dangerous gamble if they go that route because I think fans really do want them to wrap it up HAPPY after all this.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
All of the producers went into this season knowing that it would be the last, with no ifs, ands or buts about it. Whatever happens from here, good or bad, is exactly how Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak want the show to end, for better or worse. Another good episode tonight. Only this show could get away with casting Bo Derek playing herself as a spy. Everything with the "Memento" storyline with Jeffster waking up in the crashed car with an additional carrion-eater each go round. I have NO idea where the show's going from here, and that's kind of exciting.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought it was a kind of goofy episode, but I liked the end. I really feared Casey was going to buy it. I hope the tragedy isn't that the removal of the Intersect causes Sarah to forget her love for Chuck, and they end up unmarried. Why go there (which, they probably aren't)?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It was a goofy episode, but it was one of the better ones this season. While I don't think this has been the strongest season, I still enjoy spending time with the characters and look forward to it every week. Last night's episode seemed stronger to me.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Alex's creepy fling was also the bad ex boyfriend from New Girl. Hopefully this doesn't mean he's typecast.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Ugh! My DVR cut off the last minute or two. What happened after we saw Sarah wake up in her old apartment? There was a knock on the door and that's when my DVR stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks