What's new

Chuck - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The fun thing about this being the last season is that they don't have to hit the reset button after every episode. Tonight's episode was a lot of fun, and the ending was epic in a good way.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I mostly enjoyed the episode...but as super spies who have to be the spy-iest spies that ever spied, I was a bit baffled that Chuck and Sarah never considered Decker might be setting them up, or might do evil with the virus himself. So they walk right into a trap? It was far too sloppy for Sarah; and it was middleweight writing, even for "Chuck".

I liked Lester's story a lot :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Big Pixels don't do anything for me :)

Was that Romijn? I thought she looked familiar, but came across as a bland unknown actor. But I felt similarly when they had Summer Glau on; underutilized. Carrie Ann Moss and Timothy Dalton are the gold standards of Chuck special-appearances :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm beginning to think we're talking about two different episodes. The pixelated episode was two weeks ago, and definitely didn't feature Rebecca Romijn. Her episode was last night, when Ellie and Awesome get kidnapped by the rogue CIA and the entire world basically gets destroyed.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Who do we know from past episodes that can be in that cell? Shaw's the most likely, but did they get Routh? It's either someone new or some past CIA-connected villain. If they had pixelated Romijn nudity, I would have tried to wipe it off the screen until my screen broke. ;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Careful, you'll also go blind doing that.

Originally Posted by Greg_S_H /t/315816/chuck-season-5/30#post_3880060

Seems kind of surreal this will all be wrapped up by January 27th. I think I'm gonna have to bust out my Comic Con poster for old times sake.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Oh, do you see? I totally called our mystery man, but I kind of lessened my awesomeness by hedging just a little. Great episode, though they could have eased up on the Sarah beat down. That was tough to watch.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
Oh, do you see? I totally called our mystery man, but I kind of lessened my awesomeness by hedging just a little. Great episode, though they could have eased up on the Sarah beat down. That was tough to watch.
NBC gave him away in the preview over the end credits of last week's episode, so I was actually surprised the episode made an effort at hiding his identity. The writers can't be thrilled with NBC's promo department. This was my favorite kind of episode: one where Chuck prevails by outthinking his opponent. The closing scene was a pretty huge bombshell. I wonder how long ago Hungary was, and how old her baby is now. It also explains why we've never seen Sarah's mom.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Now do you see why I skip the previews? :) I'm hoping the baby is not what we expect, because that's potentially shark-jumping. If you can do so this close to the end.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
No sharks being jumped, but there were a couple bewildering moments. Five years later and the girl wouldn't be crying like a baby, nor in a crib. And Ryker actually turned his back on Sarah...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Count me in as VERY glad the baby wasn't Sarah's. I could totally buy her keeping that a secret, but if she'd had the baby, that would have been totally unforgivable not to share before getting hitched. Also, I don't think many people would have believed Sarah's body had delivered a child shortly before the beginning of the series. As it did play out, I actually kind of loved it. As you mentioned, Sarah being fooled by the baby crying was a real head scratcher given the time jump. Maybe she REALLY doesn't know kids? She sure wasn't comfortable with the baby. Cheryl Ladd looks good pretty damn good for sixty. Sarah and Chuck saying no to Beckman is the kind of thing the show can afford to do in its final season. If the show has a theme, it's that family -- the kind you make more than the kind you're born into -- matters most. Seeing the whole gang as one big happy family was really nice. I thought they were going to kill of Sarah's mom and have Chuck and Sarah raise the little girl; SO happy they didn't go that direction. Her having a little "sister" that brings her closer to her mom is a much better tack to take. It was also nice bringing Tony Todd back as the CIA director who got blown up in the second season premiere.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thread preview spoiler space. Thread preview spoiler space. Thread preview spoiler space. Thread preview spoiler space. Thread preview spoiler space. Thread preview spoiler space. Thread preview spoiler space. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be Sarah's even on the cliffhanger. I like the way it played out. I kind of thought it was one of the best episodes of the series, and a lot of that had to do with the warm family scenes at the end. It's absolutely great that Sarah's mom sees Chuck for the first time and knows, as we do, that he is a really good guy and perfect for Sarah. A lot of shows laugh at your puny sentimentality, but this show, fortunately, does not. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a double Morgan/Alex, Casey/Verbanski wedding--all with Chuck's mom and pop reunited. That's the kind of stuff that made me love the show in the first place, so I'll be very happy to see it or some variation thereof. I don't think Sarah's so out of touch to think a five/six year old would be crying. I think it was a combination of thinking maybe he had another baby kidnapped, or just a small mental break that flashed her back to when she was desperately protecting the kid. The scene where she gave the kid to her mom played out exactly as I wanted it to. When she was saying, "You never got to have your prom, your first date," I knew Sarah was going to say, "Make sure she does." And, I figured she would be Sarah's "sister" now, and that's another thing I liked a lot. Cheryl Ladd, when will you ever stop looking good?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Even though we know Sarah's father/grifter was played by Gary Cole, how cool would it have been to have her father be played by James Caan (Ed Deline from the "Las Vegas", it would have given more CIA-grooming of Sarah by good old Ed (with Cheryl Ladd being married to Ed on that show).

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Cheryl Ladd looks good pretty damn good for sixty.
I was thinking the same thing. "Chuck" has always done a very good casting for the family members and this was no exception.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I don't remember for sure, but it seems to me like the flashback in this last episode to right before the pilot doesn't actually fit with the plot introduced in the pilot. I mean, the idea wasn't always for Sarah to be Chuck's handler, but instead she was supposed to find out why he was getting that email or something, wasn't it? Also, it seemed a little weird for me that Sarah's mom, who hasn't seen her in five years, would have her fake name of "Sarah" programmed into her phone's contacts. We were told a while ago that that isn't actually her name, so why would the mother be using it before they even meet up again? I guess that's one of the things that the writers just want us to entirely forget about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks