World Wide Stereo

Center speaker placement (1 Viewer)

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Ok so I have:

Sharp 27 inch tv 27F543
Paradigm Center 170
Ikea magiker stand http://maplewoodonline.com/classifie...E093588_S4.jpg

My first question is, where do you guys think I should put my center speaker, either on top of my tv or try to find a small shelf and put it between the ikea stand and the tv. If I did the second option, the speaker would not have to be angled and I might be able to find a shelf that would enable my tv to swivle.

Secondly, what type of tv shelf would you guys recommend for putting the center on top of the tv, or possibly between? It would probably have to be able to angle the speaker down if it was on top.

Thanks a ton
Eric

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I find that a swiveling stand is usually not a good thing unless it has some kind of detents to keep it in place. Putting the speaker below the TV looks like it would put it below ear level (possibly by a lot), so I would say above and slightly angled down is probably better. You shouldn't need a stand to put that relatively small speaker on top of the TV, just put it up there and pull it out at least flush with or sligtly overhanging the front edge of the TV.

Mitch G

Agent
My CC170 used to sit on top of a 32" TV - probably about 50" high (measured at the center line of the speaker).
Now, it sits below my TV in a stand that puts the center of the speaker at about 15."

In both cases, the sound was fine. I didn't find myself localizing center above or below the screen.

Hope this helps,

Mitch

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I used to have the 170 on top of a 32" set also, about 60", not angled down, and it sounded fine also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks