What's new

Castle Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
The thing that struck me most was how particularly heavy-handed the Buick product placement was this week. I mean I get that it's the norm and all, but I don't know that I've seen anything quite so pushy since the time that Degree Advanced Deodorant singlehandedly saved the town of Eureka. ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The use of Castle's Buick was brazen the last few weeks. And his watch too.

But I thought the new Hawaii Five-0 was particularly bad. Microsoft products were showcased a lot! As well as Chevy.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
With Castle reinstated in the precinct, I thoroughly enjoyed this return to more light-hearted fare. Castle was hilariously child-like in his enthusiasm for the Martian adventure, and the mystery had me guessing from beginning to end.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
It seems like the episodes this season have really cast a wide net in terms of suspects. At least it feels that way to me. While most procedurals usually have multiple suspects (sometimes the most obvious one and other times someone who seems innocuous); it just feels like Castle has been just throwing everyone into the mix of late.

Fun episode though with some predictably goofy Castle reactions. My favorite was probably the exaggerated walking (simulating Mars' reduced gravity - 38% of Earth's as per Google.) Enjoyed the SF themed episode and the various references to SF works.

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The last few episodes have been kind of all over as you mentioned Walter.

Ryan's episode seemed down to earth but Kate's episode of feeling inadequate didn't seem to ring true.

Last night's episode that promised an explanation of Castle's missing two months was more outlandish then usual. Though I liked the Chuck Norris bits and the whole idea his dream seemed more like a figment of his imagination based on movies.

The resolution to me seemed more far fetched then usual. Like the episode where Castle's father comes in to help rescue Alexis, this one came to a neat quick resolution with secrets that can't be revealed. It still felt like it's not over yet.

The resolution was also very fast, why not sprinkle bits all through out the season?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think it shows they just didn't have a plan for how to resolve it that made any sense, so they quickly dispensed of it. I thought it was one of hte worst episodes of the series which answered a cliff hanger last year with basically nothing.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
mattCR said:
I think it shows they just didn't have a plan for how to resolve it that made any sense, so they quickly dispensed of it. I thought it was one of hte worst episodes of the series which answered a cliff hanger last year with basically nothing.

My thoughts exactly. While what we found out was interesting enough for me, the fact that much remained hidden and unrevealed just seemed like the writers didn't want to bother with any more creation. Just let it drop and move on. Not cool.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Monday's episode featured a plot that was outlandish even for Castle and that is saying a lot. While there were some fun moments, especially Chuck Norris, I agree with the sentiment that it felt like a means to close out a story thread that the writers / show simply lost interest in pursuing. Disappointing.

- Walter.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I wonder if it has to do with contract renegotiations? I haven't paid too close attention, but the last I heard, they were still in discussions. Perhaps they wanted to give some resolution to that arc, while having time to do some other wanted stories, just in case this is the end....

David S. Peterson

Stunt Coordinator
I saw last week that Nathan Fillion has signed to return next season. Stana Katic is still in negotiations and they are looking for a new show runner.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode was Castle's version of 'stuck on a plane' that has been a staple for many years in entertainment. Enjoyed the fact that Castle and Alexis were able to work together but the usual routine of multiple false suspects seemed a little weak given the environment they were operating within. An okay episode.

I sort of thought the snake would factor into the case somehow, but I guess not. Nice tip of the cap to Lost with the airline company. At least they weren't on flight 815. :) Not sure if they were any other Lost homages in the episode; I didn't really look for them.

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I liked it too. And it was good that Alexis had a larger role in an episode. It's been a while. It was funny how at first she was telling Castle what to do. Plus she helped out in the resolution too.

I thought the Oceanic name sounded familiar! Saved the cost of getting new airline footage in flight. [emoji3]

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Also, it prevented any complaints from REAL airlines to have their flight attendants complaining about their company or have one of them turn out to be the killer.

I enjoyed it, and I was glad to see Alexis really helping and not just a errand girl for her father. She has indeed grown up.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Copies of Javier and Lanie? Alternate version of Castle's world? Another super intelligent mastermind?

Doesn't sound like I'll be buying this season when it comes out on DVD.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Nelson Au said:
I liked it too. And it was good that Alexis had a larger role in an episode. It's been a while. It was funny how at first she was telling Castle what to do. Plus she helped out in the resolution too.

I thought the Oceanic name sounded familiar! Saved the cost of getting new airline footage in flight. [emoji3]

I never fly Oceanic Airlines, what with crashes (Dead Island, Flipper), serial killers on board (Code 11-14), shootdowns via surface-to-air missile (Chuck), lightning strikes (Category 6: Day of Destruction, Panic in the Skies), skyjackings (JAG, Executive Decision), in-flight murders (Diagnosis: Murder), nerve agent attacks (Nowhere to Land), explosive decompressions (Lost), wing losses (Buffy), and so on.

I figure they must be owned by Acme Corporation, the folks who supply Wile E. Coyote. I mean, even Trans Global only had a passenger with a bomb on one flight (Airport).

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode felt more like a series finale then a season finale! The awards segment at the end with the speeches in particular. Maybe it was the plan in case the series wasn't renewed or Stana didn't come back so she'd be off being a politician.

Kinda funny to see CSI Hodges show up as the killer from out of no where as Castle's never before known childhood secret.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Is there THAT big of an age difference between Wallace Langham and Nathan Fillion? I know it was established he would have been in college when Rick was 11 and was threatened, but they don't look that far apart in age to me.

Yes, I think they were playing it safe if case the episode DID turn out to be a series finale.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I was struck by how the show wrapped up another potentially big storyline in a very rapid manner (Castle's encounter in the woods at the age of eleven.) The uncertainty of whether the show would be renewed was probably a big factor; but I have lost a lot of faith in the show's writing this past season. I hope that next year we can have a storyline that develops for the entirety of season eight. I'll see how I feel in the fall, but right now I think I could drop Castle pretty easily from my viewing schedule.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks