What's new

Castle Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay, it was his phone, thanks. Agreed this wedding sequence was much more imaginative then the traditional one.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Nelson Au said:
Just another quick thought, the whole situation in the coal plant seemed so unrealistic and I know no TV show is ever going to be 100% realistic. It would seem that Beckett would never let a civilian, and in this case her fiancée into danger. That applies to the whole series. Of course then the set up wouldn't have happened. I can't help thinking that every time they do this.Regarding the coal burning plant, this series is filmed in Los Angeles ( I think) , so I couldn't help but wonder if the smoke stacks were added later. It was well done!I was watching the last half of the episode on a small bedroom display. At the end, I couldn't see what Castle placed on his chest when he was dancing with Kate. Was that the Mayan artifact? Perhaps he was hoping his reality would stay with Kate. The whole wedding sequence was so surreal with the sparse sets and moody lighting, so it didn't even feel real. I suppose that was the point. It was well done
Yes Castle is filmed in L.A.
During the last HTF Hollywood meet, we actually drove right by the building where they film all of the police building interior scenes.
If I remember it correctly its next to Paramount studios.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Nelson Au said:
The whole wedding sequence was so surreal with the sparse sets and moody lighting, so it didn't even feel real. I suppose that was the point. It was well done
Eh; I was disappointed with the weddng scene - it seemed tacked on. Don't know if that's what the writers had in mind or if they had to rush it for some reason. My problem wasn't so much the locale but little things like Beckett was wearing a pantsuit - this is her first wedding and she couldn't come up with another dress? And where were Ryan and Esposito and Laney? I can understand 'last minute', but so last minute you couldn't invite the people who were supposed to be your wedding party in the first one (and whom you work with, so it's not like they're having to travel far...)

Glad they didn't drag it out, and I liked the episode as a whole; I just think that perhaps they should have included the wedding in the honeymoon episode, but I guess audiences would rather see a wedding at the end of an episode as opposed to the beginning of one.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This was the most enjoyable episode of the season thus far. Castle in full little boy mode loving his cowboy attire, and a decent mystery at the core. I pretty much smiled from beginning to end.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Matt Hough said:
This was the most enjoyable episode of the season thus far. Castle in full little boy mode loving his cowboy attire, and a decent mystery at the core. I pretty much smiled from beginning to end.
Not to mention some incredibly hot outfits for Beckett.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had to watch last night's episode On Demand today since the news bulletin caused an overrun of Dancing with the Stars. Anyway, it was a fine hostage drama. I was sure Esposito was going to find a new love interest after the experiences on the subway, but obviously not!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking what was Espo up to with that female officer! He had already expressed interest with Ryan about the possibility of fatherhood and I thought he meant with Lanie.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it certainly seemed for a moment that Esposito was considering pursuing the transit officer. It was an okay episode, but whenever they abandon the light tone featuring the pairing of Castle and Beckett it feels a lot more like a conventional procedural. (I suppose they want the series to switch it up from time to time.)

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That was a fun episode spoofing The Expendibles. Ted McGinley was nearly unrecognizable. They cast this episode well. The raid on the club was great!Nathan Fillion was really having fun geeking out more then usual it seemed. The bit with Beckett's apartment was drowned out. She seemed to work it out, but it felt rushed.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, a very amusing episode with Castle's child-like delight being surrounded by his heroes, and those Expendables character carbon copies were great! Also, I didn't guess the murderer's identity (thought it was the son) so that was another bonus to be fooled!

Loved Ryan trying to find a catchphrase for himself. Made me laugh out loud a couple of times.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Well, those were two surprising developments for a fall finale episode! I'm sure Rick will be reinstated within a few episodes (though being a private eye did look kind of fun in the previews). Surprising development for Espo and Lanie, though I'm guessing after experimenting with others for awhile, they'll gravitate back to one another, too. But, if not, I'm fine with that as well.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Castle being kicked out of the precinct was a surprise in a somewhat pedestrian episode. The business between Lanie and Espo was confusing. I heard Espo say they were good together, but then said better apart.I agree these two events could be resolved by Easter.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, that was totally off. "Being fake engaged to you made me realize how great we are together. I'm crazy about you, but not in that way." Umm, what?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
The idea of Rick being a P.I. can set up some fun competition. Sort of like a larger version of the episode quite a while back where Castle and Beckett compete against each other to see who can solve the case first. Curious to see how long they'll let that situation linger. Enjoyed Ryan's fascination with Castle's experiences. Fun episode.

- Walter.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Castle was back last night with the first episode of 2015. As I suspected, pretty fun episode with Rick working outside the system. I appreciate that in its seventh season, the show can shake up the formula (if even just a little bit). You would think that Castle clearing a federal prosecutor would buy him some good will, but I guess they are going to extend his persona non grata status a while longer. Enjoyed the episode quite a bit.

"You know about hacking?"

"Well, she used Sparkles for all of her passwords."

:)

- Walter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
When I saw they had set Richard up in his own office, I knew this PI offshoot was not a one-episode deal. Loved Espo calling Ryan "Baby Castle."

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This show always finds new angles to spice things up, but every time, I think, "I hope this doesn't last long." Beckett becoming a fed, Castle becoming a PI. It's fun stuff until you realize they either have to contrive ways to keep Ryan and Espo involved, or those guys have to be left out. And nobody wants those guys left out. So, keep it fun for a few more episodes, but then round back around to full police station privileges. :)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I checked out on the season once I saw how it was going to be structured with the Castle mystery being the driving narrative this season. But this episode and the return of
XXX
may get me back to watching at least a few of them this season.

Really want Fillion to be freed from this series to move on to better things while he's still not too old to play action hero characters.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The Castle mystery has been pretty absent, to be honest. It's kind of the new Kate's mom mystery, just turning up here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks