What's new

Castle - season 2 (1 Viewer)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /forum/thread/293164/castle-season-2#post_3617150

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by Joe_H /forum/thread/293164/castle-season-2#post_3617164
Somebody on Amazon said yes, though their post was a little confusing. They said, "Sure is. Though honestly, page 105 just marks the beginning of chapter ten. It really starts at the end of chapter eight, builds in chapter nine (a lot to the end of chapter nine, honestly my favorite parts), and they hit the bedroom in chapter ten."

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Good to hear, this is quickly becoming one of my top shows. It used to be that it'd be the last show I'd watch from a very busy Monday schedule, but now it's probably my second priority for the night after House.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I agree. This show has become "must see" for me.

I am really happy for Nathon. He does a great job, I am glad he is finally getting rewarded.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I liked Firefly, but the "space cowboy" costume didn't do anything for me. What was hilarious though was the conversation immediately after (paraphrased):

"Isn't that costume like five years old?"
"Yeah, but it's a good costume!"
"I know, but you're going to have to move on at some point."

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't usually like breaking the fourth wall (which the episode didn't quite do), but in this case it was just too perfect. The Mal Reynolds duds must have come from his personal collection. I loved seeing how excited Nathan was to be back in them.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
was wierd seeing the castle persona wearing them though instead of mal. still great opening though.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Maybe it's because it's gotten rare on TV, but I love the good father thing. When he jumped up immediately to go help Alexis and her friend, it was great. I don't always care so much about the murder of the week (not that they're usually bad), but every regular characters is appealing, from Ryan and Esposito to the less-seen captain and ME.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Interestingly, I don't care at all about the murder of the week. I don't watch shows centered on cops or investigators. I'm not the person who enjoys trying to figure out whodunnit before it's revealed. I watch this show simply for the interaction of the characters, and the premise and structure is just the coat rack the exquisite garment is hung on for me.

The other detectives are a bit boilerplate but the female detective, Castle, his daughter, and mom are all pitch perfect.

As for the Firefly outfit, the whole little bit was just precious. Halloween was just the right time to pull it out.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Speaking of subtle Firefly references slipped into the former show's Star's new show-- I missed this one when it aired;

"Two by two, hands of blue."

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I've never seen Firely, but I appreciated the gag, and the daughter's dialogue! When I heard about Firefly, I had the same reaction as the daughter, there's no cows in space.

This show has some really good banter between the leads too.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

There was also apparently a catalyzer from "Out of Gas" on the shelf, when Castle came out of the bedroom dressed as Mal, right below the model boat.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I can't believe I forgot about about this episode being on since I'd be waiting for that scene since I first heard about it! Since Monday's are just so jam-packed and CBS's lineup was reruns, I popped in a movie (The Unborn - ugh!). I was able to catch the scene on ABC.com and it was pitch-perfect! Now I have to get a copy of that episode to keep!

Mary_P

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Nelson Au
Well, there are, in that one episode....

[url=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1132359/]River: Little soul, big world. Eat, sleep, and eat. Many souls.
Mal: Cattle on the ship three weeks, she don't go near 'em. Suddenly we're on Jianying, and she's got a driving need to commune with the beasts?
River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see sky, and they remember what they are.
Mal: Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Also? Have to go look for the catalyzer. It's been mentioned on Whedonesque, but I missed it in the show. Too glued to the fabulous brown coat.

I think they've been wearing blue gloves all along, but yeah, I think I missed the "two" shot above! Too funny.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

This show has some really good banter between the leads too.
Nelson you really must correct that oversight. Plus Chuck too, which I don't think you have ever mentioned watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks