What's new

Amazon Prime Reacher (2022) - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Watching a few moments from the finale during a You Tube video today and my initial impression appears to have been mistaken concerning Russo. Damn!

Another thought concerning who might be bad on the team...

Dixon tells Reacher that he doesn't have to kill Swann; that she will do it. What better way to cover your tracks than silencing the individual that you want to take the fall?

- Walter.
Bingo!

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I'm passing the time watching the first movie.

Damn it's not the same 🤣
Love the first Jack Reacher movie, as well-made an action thriller as any to come down the pike in a long time. Sure, Cruise doesn't have the correct size of Reacher, but gets across his more direct, brutal fighting style and certainly captures the strategic brain power of the character. And he's up against some top notch bad guys, with Werner Herzog and Jai Courtney (never better, as a formidable henchman). Christopher McQuarrie directs the hell out that movie, too.

I like how they reference the plot of this one (One Shot, which has one of the best plots in all of the novels) in Reacher S2, when O'Donnell mentions James Barr and Reacher says he ran into him a while back and that Barr "owes me one."

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It took me a few minutes to accept Cruise as Reacher but i love his movies so that was easy. The film is a crackerjack thriller and you're right about McQuarrie's direction. The mid film car chase is totally unscored. Like Bullitt. Gripping as hell. The score by Joe Kraemer is refreshingly minimalist and very well spotted. The climactic shoot out is also mostly unscored and it worked like hell.

Also agreed about Jai Courtney. I usually don't like him, but he was in great form here.

The Cruise/McQuarrie combo, man.

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
When I was on the movie, the fx guy whom I reported to said, “The part called for a guy 6’5”, but they settled for a guy 5’6”…just like the REACHER movies!

Last edited:

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I'm really liking some of Reacher's lines this season, and Alan Ritchson's deadpan delivery.

"They broke my toothbrush. Now I don't own anything."

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Agree about a lot of the dialog in this season, not just Reacher's lines and delivery but all of the characters, esp. Russo.

I thought the final moments of episode seven did a splendid job of setting up the season finale. Particularly the song choice with the perfectly suited lyric "Let the man through" from the song Super Bon Bon by Soul Coughing. Also, I really liked the shot of Reacher's face in the final shot, partially obscured by shadow, with Reacher visualizing all of the terrible things he is going to do to Langston. Can't wait for the finale.

- Walter.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The one thing that got a little old was Reacher repeatedly telling Neagley, "Did I ever tell you you were smart" and her responding, "Not nearly enough" or words to that effect.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wish I was loving S2 as I did S1, but I find Reacher to be more compelling as a loner protagonist, vs this season's "Reacher and the Outsiders" we're getting in order for it to be a more personal situation for him and the 110th. The writing isn't as good, and the kill count is crazy high. The fights are oddly staged, and weirdly funneled in some of the scenes. I actually let 2 weeks go by before I remembered there were new Reacher episodes up on the Prime. Maybe they'll stick the landing in the s2 finale, but I'm okay if they don't, there's always S3 to look forward to.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I liked the first Reacher film (still haven't gotten around to the second), but after seeing Ritchson, there's no going back to Cruise...
I can and have. I think the script was tight. I think it works well. We rewatched both a little while ago. I think all the supporting actors did a great job. The car chase resolution was priceless. As are multiple other scenes, like Cruise and Duvall.

Holy Crap! I just checked out the cast and saw that Lee Child was the desk sergeant, I presume the one who was processing him out.

If the first is a 100 movie, the second is about a 42. I rewatch the first about 5 times for every time I'll watch the second.

I also am biased since it takes place in Pittsburgh, where I went to college and it was the first I ever heard of Jack Reacher. So I came in without a size bias.

Now the wife has been chewing through the books, in between Hercules Poirot and Aubrey-Maturin.

OT

We just watched the newest Poirot, A Haunting in Venice and went back to Murder on the Orient Express. Death on the Nile will probably be next. What a cast in Orient Express! The reviews were brutal about the wasted potential of all those actors. If nothing else, all those movies have been splendid eye candy.

Last edited:

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I wish I was loving S2 as I did S1, but I find Reacher to be more compelling as a loner protagonist, vs this season's "Reacher and the Outsiders" we're getting in order for it to be a more personal situation for him and the 110th. <...>
I am 100% with you on this.

I think a big part is Ritchson gets less screen time, between the roles for all his (old) team and the flashback scenes dedicated to backstory.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am 100% with you on this.

I think a big part is Ritchson gets less screen time, between the roles for all his (old) team and the flashback scenes dedicated to backstory.
I also prefer the books where Reacher is the lone outsider who breezes into town because of some impulse (a museum, jaz club or tourist site he was kind of interested in), he gets pulled into a situation that would have succeeded just fine if some townie or cop didn't f'k with him and get his attention, meets a girl and a) sleeps with her or b) she's gay and they're just partners, he brutalizes his enemies and wins because he does the right thing. Then walks out of town. Kind of like The Saint on steroids.

It's a good formula that stands or falls based on the antagonist. If it's someone with a great motivation (deals with foreign shadow groups or sex traffickers), the story is excellent. If Child gives us a really lame reason (the bad guy was bullied in grade school), then the book is a disappointment.

I started on the first Andrew Child book while waiting and an airport and it was my first case of "Reacher Buyer's Remorse." Andrew doesn't have "it." So I'm focusing on the earlier novels.

I'm hoping year 3 gives us solo Reacher. And we don't need to bring back previous characters unless they recur in the books.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Really enjoyed the finale, and the season overall. For me, it's at least as good as S1. But I can see where some of you guys are coming from, in wanting more of what makes the Reacher character special, the solo wandering aspect. As much as I enjoyed seeing Reacher interact with the survivors of his team, it might have been better to have had a couple more seasons of "Reacher on his own" type of stories before bringing in the Special Investigators unit. Sounds like S3 will be returning to that format, anyway.

Not that Reacher is every really completely alone in the novels. Usually he has one or two people on his side, particularly a tough, intelligent and attractive woman to romance each time. ;)

Anyway, we'll likely see at least Neagley back again in a future season...which is fine by me, as she's a cool character, well played by Maria Sten.

Last edited:

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Solid finale, a bit "action movie" gussied up vs the book and the effects budget couldn't support that kind of finale. My suspension of disbelief was stretched pretty thin.

Overall it was satisfying. Some great moments and the show improved on the characters in the end.

It really could have been longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks