What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Cartoons you want on DVD (1 Viewer)

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
Gary Goldman keeps mentioning that he and Don Bluth are in negotiations with WB to get the Dragon's Lair and Space Ace TV series released, even though they didn't produce them, they own the rights to the characters.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Season sets of the following:

Batman: TAS

The New Adventures of Batman & Robin

Batman Beyond

Superman: TAS

Justice League

Looney Tunes / Merry Melodies

Animaniacs

Pinky and the Brain

Tom and Jerry

More of the Pink Panther cartoons, maybe some Ant and the Aardvark and Inspector Clouseau ones for variety

The Simpsons (remaining seasons)

Futurama (remaining seasons)

Full-length Donald Duck vs. Daffy Duck cartoons, done up in the classic Looney Tunes style. (See the Donald vs. Daffy bit in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"). (Yes, I know that such cartoons don't exist, but one can dream...)

Star Trek (animated)

RossH

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ross Hudgins
He-Man is a must...and I found an old episode of "Turbo Teen" in my old videos collection! ;)
I'd like to see some "Recess" dvds, aside from the movie and the Christmas special.
And Dexter's Lab, and of course, The Powerpuff Girls, season by season!

JimmyT

Stunt Coordinator
Return To The Planet Of The Apes

The Lone Ranger

Tom & Jerry

The Simpsons - remaining seasons

Family Guy - season 3

South Park - remaining seasons

Speed Racer - remaining episodes

Matthew Marino

Stunt Coordinator
M.A.S.K. If this ever makes it onto DVD I would be amazed. I'd want the full season(s) of course.

G.I. Joe These seem to be on the way but I can't wait for the seasons.

Transformers S3 The missing gap in the Transformers saga.

TMNT

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
- Tom and Jerry (the original uncensored versions, including widescreen (Cinemascope) versions)
- Danger Mouse (all episodes)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1980s version)
- Looney Tunes (the original uncensored versions)
- Sam and Max: Freelance Police (all episodes)

Sergio Z.

Stunt Coordinator
Tennessee Tuxedo
Go-Go Gophers
80's Filmation Tom & Jerry/Droopy Show - those musical cues are burned into my brain - I smile every time I think about them - the Droopy: Jeckyl/Hyde episode is classic!!!:D

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone heard of Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds ?
Yep, and just this weekend I wandered in to my local HMV only to see that the first disc (containing 9 episodes IIRC) is out!
I haven't been able to bring myself to purchase them yet admittedly, but I am sure it is only a matter of time. I held out on the Water Margin for all of oooh about a week. Maybe 2/3rds of it. :D ;)

Kon

Auditioning
Space Ghost Coast to Coast on DVD is amazingly great news, SG is by far my favorite show-- no, favorite anything-- of all time. I can't wait for the DVDs, I just hope they do it right and put it in season sets.

Oh, and here's the actual text of the promo:

We have now edited many of the older C2C's to eleven minutes. So that we can fit them into the Williams Street hour. We don't know quite why we made them so long in the first place. We were new to television. But now the old versions are gone. Toast. However, Erik in Consumer Products tells us they will release DVDs in the fall. And the long versions will be on the DVDs. But who the hell knows.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'd like to put in another vote for Exo-Squad. Let's hope Universal solves its money woes soon and gets back in the TV game.

JoeMKal

Stunt Coordinator
the tick, invader zim, home movies, sealab 2021, mission hill

and harvey birdman despite only having a handfull of episodes

I am a big fan of adult swim on cartoon network

edit: oh yeah Dr. Katz, I love that show

JohnAP

Second Unit
I think I want to see Gargoyles most of all.

I also would love it if we could just get boxed sets of Batman:TAS and Beast Wars instead of just widely spaced single disc releases.

Invader Zim would be great. Nick releases a lot of their cartoons on dvd which is good, but they never really were behind this show so it's hard to say.

And a big Adult Swim box set would be loads of fun.

James Reader

Screenwriter
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is coming to the UK
From the latest Contender newsletter:
A Call to Art!
In August we’re releasing the first volume of the hit 80s animation He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. If you would like to be a part of this release, here’s your chance! We’re looking for good examples of fan art to put on the DVD as a full screen gallery – any lucky winners will have their work credited on screen. For details of where to send any pieces, and in what format, please contact us on: [email protected]

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
I wound up touching on this tangentially on a laserdisc thread, but this seems the best place for a quick list of animated feature titles I'd certainly buy, and titles I also feel would find a profitable audience with a reasonable amount of advertising and a brick-and-mortar presence:
1. Anamorphic reissue of Fox's 1997 Anastasia
2. Anamorpic widescreen edition of Richard Rich's The Swan Princess (two direct-to-video sequels followed this theatrical feature)
3. Anamorpic reissue of Disney's The Black Cauldron
4. Anamorphic widescreen edition of The Last Unicorn
5. Anamorphic widescreen edition of Transformers: The Movie
That's roughly in order from most important to least important. 1, 2, and 4 would also, it seems to me, prove prime candidates for cast commentaries, which would up their value to adult audiences and collectors. These aren't the only pieces of feature animation in need of (re)treatment on DVD, but among titles not yet announced, they're the five that top my list.
I'd also love to see the television animation mentioned throughout this thread; Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond in full season sets would be ... cough ... super. :D Couldn't resist. I know such has been nixed by WB in chat, but hopefully fan response will convince them to change their mind.

Sarah S

Second Unit
Bill, I don't know what your situation is as far as multi-regional capability, but Last Unicorn is available is available in Germany in anamorphic widescreen and a 5.1 English soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BioProf
Recent bookmarks