What's new

Classic TV on DVD- The Lists: Animated Series, Children's shows (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thanks for the info about the missing NZR episodes. I didn't know... I'll try to get those.

Oh, and I've seen that gag you're talking about. that is absolutely hilarious! no telling what else went on when the camera weren't rolling with those crazy folks. :)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
What about stuff like Disney's 'The Little House' from 1952 that doesn't fit neatly in a series like their Silly Symphonies line or features a common character that is seen across multiple shorts?

mayberry66guy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
Great lists!!!

Under Rankin-Bass, you can add the following:

Festival of Family Classics: 16 of the 20 episodes have been released on various DVDs

King Kong Show: 2 volumes of toons featuring King Kong segments and Tom Thumb 007 segments

Several other episodes of R-B shows were released on VHS but never found their way to DVD.

Likecats

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
The Houndcats and The Barkleys from 1971 are now released on dvd in one set.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
FYI,

Many of the Hanna-Barbera releases have gone out of print, I have updated the list to indicate which ones. I am a bit surprised by this, why wouldn't Warner Bros. just re-issue these sets, at least some of the more popular ones like The Flintstones or Jonny Quest?!

TVSnobsNeedNotApply

Auditioning
Real Name
Myron
FYI,

Many of the Hanna-Barbera releases have gone out of print, I have updated the list to indicate which ones. I am a bit surprised by this, why wouldn't Warner Bros. just re-issue these sets, at least some of the more popular ones like The Flintstones or Jonny Quest?!

Or put them in the cloud and charge a reasonable subscription fee. The copyright holders need to get with the times and embrace technology. Discs are always nice for an archive and offline viewing, but the future is in video on demand (both environmentally and economically). Likely, it'll happen once the majority of the 4 billion people without internet access get online.

Last edited:

mayberry66guy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
anyone know if the Ant and the Aardvark bluray set is the theatrical versions or does it have the laugh tracks ? I'm hoping for no laugh tracks .

According to the "Think Pink" group on Facebook, comic historian Mark Arnold reports that there are NO laugh tracks on any of the shorts for The Ant and the Aardvark, or The Inspector being prepared for release by Kino Lorber. The exception will be the releases for Crazy Legs Crane and Misterjaw.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
No Sid and Marty Krofft shows? No Land of the Lost? No HR Puffinstuff? Epic fail!

Also, you've missed a bunch of anime. At quick glance, you've got the Speed Racer but no Star Blazers, Robotech, Battle of the Planets, Astro Boy and Gigantor.

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
According to the "Think Pink" group on Facebook, comic historian Mark Arnold reports that there are NO laugh tracks on any of the shorts for The Ant and the Aardvark, or The Inspector being prepared for release by Kino Lorber. The exception will be the releases for Crazy Legs Crane and Misterjaw.
Looks like the laugh tracks are on the bluray according to bluray.com new review :( , Why do they say there no laugh tracks on facebook ?

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
FYI,

I realize that it's been four years. But you can get Jonny Quest now, either on Blu-Ray or on repackaged DVD. There's also a repackaged DVD of "The Flintstones: The Complete Series." No Blu-Ray for that one, as far as I know.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I am told that the remaining seasons of Gummi Bears are on DVD in Australia (Region 4), albeit in single-disc issues.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Any chance this list could get updated, including shows from the 2000's? I'd have a lot to contribute.
Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, I usually only check the TV on DVD threads once a month when I do updates for new releases.

I originally intended for these TV on DVD lists to be primarily for classic TV (1950s-1990s) as that is what I am familiar with and where my interests lie. Having said that though, I have added 2000s series to the sitcom & drama lists so I would be willing to expand this list as well. Send me the listings you would like to see added but keep in mind that this list is organized by production company not decade.

Thanks.

Last edited:

pleaserecycle

Auditioning
Real Name
john
Additions:

a.k.a Cartoon:
Ed, Edd n Eddy (All 69 episodes, Warner Bros.)

Cartoon Network Studios:
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (All 78 episodes, Warner Bros.)
The Powerpuff Girls (All 78 episodes, Warner Bros.)
Samurai Jack (All 62 episodes, Warner Bros.) [Season 5 produced by Williams Street]

DePatie-Freleng:
The Barkleys (All 13 episodes, Film Chest Media)
Here Comes the Grump (All 34 episodes, Image Entertainment)
Return to the Planet of the Apes (All 13 episodes, 20th Century Fox)
The Houndcats (All 13 episodes, Film Chest Media)
The Super 6 (All 20 episodes, TGG Direct)

Filmation:
Fraidy Cat (All 12 episodes, BCI) [as part of Frightfully Funny, Volume 2]
The Freedom Force (All 5 episodes, BCI)

Hanna-Barbera:
The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley (All 13 episodes, Warner Bros.)
The Roman Holidays (All 13 episodes, Warner Bros.)
Space Stars (All 11 episodes, Warner Bros.)
SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron (All 23 episodes, Warner Bros.)

Klasky-Csupo:
Santo Bugito (All 13 episodes, Image Entertainment)

Nickelodeon:
Invader Zim (All 27 episodes, Anime Works)

Stretch Films:
Courage the Cowardly Dog (All 52 episodes, Warner Bros.)

Edits:

DiC Entertainment:
ALF (All 26 episodes, Shout Factory)
ALF Tales (All 21 episodes, Shout Factory)

Walt Disney:
Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers (All 65 episodes, Disney)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks