What's new

Captain America: Brave New World (2025) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not doing it. I'd rather skip the film. There are other films to watch that don't require supplemental streaming subscriptions.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It would cost about the same as a never-going-to-be-available disc release of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
When WandaVision and Loki were announced for Blu-ray, someone (I think it was Bill Hunt at The Digital Bits but I'm not sure) said The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was being worked on for next year. That was before Brave New World was pushed to a 2025 release, so I am going to guess The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will be pushed too in order to come out in proximity to the movie. But it will probably come at some point.

A month of Disney+ would definitely be cheaper, though; the Loki and WandaVision Blu-rays are about $45 each last I checked. Although I would be happy to buy some Disney+ programming on disc for a reasonable amount of money, that price point is just too high for me.

Looking back on it now, I'm not sure The Falcon and the Winter Soldier needed to be six hours, and it wasn't perfect, but there was some really good stuff in that show. It is certainly much better than Quantumania, The Marvels or Secret Invasion from this year. Those who don't want to stream are welcome to skip it, but it is one of the recent-ish Marvel properties I would deem a reasonable creative success. That might not be saying much compared to the MCU at its peak, but is saying something considering the state of the MCU right now.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Your call of course but Falcon & Winter Soldier is a six part miniseries running about four hours in total that covers the time period between Falcon’s last onscreen appearance and the upcoming film. It will probably answer a lot of questions with regard to how the next film will unfold, and was written by the same person who is writing the new movie.
Would love to. Just a matter of time/money.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm going to put this in a spoiler tag just in case for those who are sensitive, but it is the headline of Deadline's article that Alex posted. I'm guessing it will probably be addressed in the trailers in due course because it seems more like a foundational plot point rather than a twist.

Marvel has already announced that Harrison Ford is taking over the role of Ross that William Hurt previously played. He, more than anyone else in the Avengers' orbit, pushed the Sokovia Accords in Civil War and ended up arresting half of the team, including Sam, during the events of that film.

It feels like a big jump for Ross to then ask Sam to rebuild The Avengers. Like, seriously? That character is going to make that request of a character he previously arrested for doing rogue Avengers work? I might buy that if Harrison Ford was a new character. But since this is a recast, they're going to have to work to make me buy that particular request from that particular character. Hopefully the movie actually has something to say about it.

Last edited:

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Once more, it's the toy tie-ins that reveal more than Marvel Studios might want you to know (for now, of course)...

(don't click if you don't want to know)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I still think they should have made Harrison Ford's character the brother of William Hurt's character, or a close friend. We learn in either this movie's opening or the Thunderbolts opening that Hurt's character has died heroically in defense of America. Ford's character names the new team the Thunderbolts in tribute to his late brother/friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks