What's new

Captain America: Brave New World (2025) (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
And this after I heard today that they were going to move this to the original Dead Pool release of May 2024. I guess that info was wrong.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I thought this film was basically finished based on the articles about possibly swapping this with the date for Deadpool 3. What's the point in the delay?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The trades (Variety, Deadline, etc.) are reporting the date change as well. It's right.

I've updated the date in the first post accordingly.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The budget on this film is going to be massive if they're cutting three major sequences and doing five months of reshoots. That's longer than the base shooting schedule for most films. Principal photography of this film only took around 3 months the first time (March 21 to June 30, 2023). Sounds like they're basically remaking the whole thing.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Anybody who has read my posts for any significant length of time should know I love the MCU. But I feel my fandom being strained recently because I haven't loved anything from them this year. Fingers crossed that whatever they're changing with the extra time is going to make the movie better. I very much want it to be awesome.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This is probably a stupid question, but does the Fantastic Four keep its release date of 5/2/25? That would make four Marvel films that year. I know Marvel is loathe to give up that first Friday in May, but four films seems like a lot when they’re trying to pare things down a bit.

WRT Cap BNW, I don’t know that I believe the report that the film tested badly. I don’t know that source, so I tend not to trust random internet sources. Also, a five month reshoot schedule? You could shoot more than one film in that time. Seems implausible.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
This is probably a stupid question, but does the Fantastic Four keep its release date of 5/2/25?

Yes. At the moment, the upcoming schedule is:

On edit
2024 07 26
Deadpool 3
2025 02 14 Captain America: New World Order
2025 05 02 Fantastic Four
2025 07 25 Thunderbolts
2025 11 07 Blade

That would make four Marvel films that year. I know Marvel is loathe to give up that first Friday in May, but four films seems like a lot when they’re trying to pare things down a bit.

Well, yeah, you can look at it that way. But given that the production schedules have been beaten to death by the two strikes, and at least some of the actors probably have deals for other pictures that those studios want to get going on, I would say that Marvel is more focused on getting these titles made and out the door.

But I also figure that there's a good chance that some of the above will get moved again. I wouldn't be surprised if at least Blade gets bumped to 2026, and possibly Thunderbolts, too.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yes. At the moment, the upcoming schedule is:

2024 11 07 Deadpool 3
2025 02 14 Captain America: New World Order
2025 05 02 Fantastic Four
2025 07 25 Thunderbolts
2025 11 07 Blade
I thought Deadpool was set for July 26, 2024?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It is. I'm not sure what Jerry is looking at but Deadpool is the only Disney-produced Marvel-based movie set for next year. (I think Sony has some from their Venomverse, but don't really pay attention to those.)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
It is. I'm not sure what Jerry is looking at but Deadpool is the only Disney-produced Marvel-based movie set for next year. (I think Sony has some from their Venomverse, but don't really pay attention to those.)

I must've looked at the wrong source. Might've been the one that had two of the films coming out the same day.

Mea culpa.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Given Sony's track record with the Spidey spinoffs, I can't imagine that's going to help rehabilitate Marvel's reputation. The general public just sees the Marvel logo and doesn't know that one is Sony and the other is Marvel proper.
Their track record is two huge hits with the Venom films, and one disappointment with Morbius (though budgeted at only $75 million, even that wasn't exactly a bomb). Marvel "proper" has messed up their own universe over the past several years and is seeing quickly diminishing returns, so I don't think they have time or the right to be concerned with what Sony is doing until they right their own ship.

These are still Marvel characters and films even if they're not specifically produced at "Marvel". The films may not be "MCU" (which could currently be seen as a blessing; it may be to Sony's benefit to promote this loudly), but Marvel sold the rights for all these characters to Sony so they're entitled to make all the films they want using them. Honestly, I wish they'd make more. The Venom films have been more fun than anything in the MCU in recent years and I'm looking forward to Kraven more than anything Marvel/Disney has in the pipeline.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It doesn't seem clear if it's going to be incorporated into any ongoing story/phase, or just make joking references to films/events/characters. This is quoted from an article mentioned at Wikipedia:

The pair (Shawn Levy/Ryan Reynolds) said in June that they were excited to use elements of the MCU as a backdrop for the film, and said Disney and Marvel were supportive of the jokes about the MCU they were writing for Deadpool given the success of the previous films.

I don't really think they can fully incorporate this film into any on-going MCU plot lines, as this is still supposed to be an R-rated film so seemingly much of the MCU's younger PG-13 audience would not be seeing it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The first 2 weren't.
The first two were produced by 20th Century Fox before that studio was absorbed by Disney. Therefore, Fox did not have the rights to put it into the MCU even if they had wanted to because the MCU is Disney's thing. Now, with Fox being part of Disney, Deadpool is being overseen by Kevin Feige and his team at Marvel Studios like all of their other Marvel properties. Like Malcom said, it's not yet clear to what extent the film will tie in with the other MCU stories.

Because they are currently focusing on the multiverse, they could just say that the first two Deadpool films now exist in an adjacent universe. Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield's Spider-Men and their villains got pulled into the primary MCU timeline for No Way Home even though their original films predate the creation of Disney's MCU.
If so does that mean it loses it's hard R rating?
They have confirmed that it will still be rated R.

I must've looked at the wrong source.
The funny thing is I vaguely remember Deadpool 3 really being set for November 2024 at some point before. They moved it up to May because things were going so well they thought they could get it out earlier. Then the strikes happened so it ended up being July. It's a lot to keep track of all of these date changes when everything is being juggled and shifted so many times.

Their track record is two huge hits with the Venom films, and one disappointment with Morbius
Critically speaking, both Venom films were panned (30% and 57% RT for the original and sequel, respectively), but audiences embraced them much more warmly. Of course, Marvel proper has also made poorly received movies in the last couple of years too. I agree that the Marvel needs to get their own house back in order rather than worrying about what Sony's doing. And that comes from me as somebody who has never had any particular interest in the Venom-verse films.

But -- credit where it is due -- Sony also deserves a lot for Into the Spider-Verse and Across the Spider-Verse which are both great. Across the Spider-Verse is head and shoulders above anything that Marvel proper has delivered this year in the MCU and it's not even close.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks