What's new

Captain America: Brave New World (2025) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Yes it is.

Or more accurately, I believe it will touch multiple universes.
I meant more along the lines of our real world wise, not the in movie story line wise.

I.E. If you google 'List of MCU films' that currently shows the 33 or whatever number we're at, will it be included in that type of list. Will it be an official 'Phase xxx' movie.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I meant more along the lines of our real world wise, not the in movie story line wise.

I.E. If you google 'List of MCU films' that currently shows the 33 or whatever number we're at, will it be included in that type of list. Will it be an official 'Phase xxx' movie.
yes.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Yes

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Hmm… Sounds a bit like going back to the drawing board. Still hopeful it will be a great film.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Reshoots, in and of themselves, aren't that unusual. Getting a new writer to do them instead of having the original writers handle the new material seems like a much more unusual and drastic step.

I want to be hopeful here, but Marvel has put out so much garbage recently that I'm really not. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Reshoots, in and of themselves, aren't that unusual. Getting a new writer to do them instead of having the original writers handle the new material seems like a much more unusual and drastic step.

I want to be hopeful here, but Marvel has put out so much garbage recently that I'm really not. I'd love to be proven wrong.
I'm choosing to interpret it as Marvel imposing now the quality control that they hadn't been imposing in recent years.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I'm interpreting as they realize they don't have a very good product, and they can no longer afford for that to be the case. I'm not sure their current processes can even fix this. Like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound. My working assumption is that this film is a lost cause, but I've been wrong about plenty of things before. Maybe I'll be wrong about this. But I'm doubtful I'll pay $17/ticket to find out.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Expect Chris Evans to show up.
I think doing that now would really undermine the significance and impact of this being Sam's film, not to mention mess with the perfect ending that Steve got. I'll be surprised if they pull that rabbit out of the hat right now.

Richard Kaufman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Kaufman
With a film in this much turmoil, they will do anything, and spend any amount of money, to try and fix it. The only actor Marvel has stated is never coming back is Robert Downey, Jr.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Really want this movie to succeed. Anthony Mackie is such a fun actor. I don't want to be spoiled, but I wonder if he'll get the same super soldier juice that Steve Rogers did?

Regardless, I'm also surprised to see Tim Blake Nelson and Liv Tyler are reprising their roles from the Incredible Hulk movie.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Anthony Mackie is such a fun actor. I don't want to be spoiled, but I wonder if he'll get the same super soldier juice that Steve Rogers did?

I suspect not. He sort of had the opportunity in the Falcon & Winter Soldier TV series and didn’t take it, and as far as I can recall from the comic book iteration, he didn’t, so I don’t think that’s where the story will take this.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
I suspect not. He sort of had the opportunity in the Falcon & Winter Soldier TV series and didn’t take it, and as far as I can recall from the comic book iteration, he didn’t, so I don’t think that’s where the story will take this.
Oh interesting. I haven't been able to watch any of the Marvel TV Series. Probably won't have a chance to either.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Oh interesting. I haven't been able to watch any of the Marvel TV Series. Probably won't have a chance to either.

Your call of course but Falcon & Winter Soldier is a six part miniseries running about four hours in total that covers the time period between Falcon’s last onscreen appearance and the upcoming film. It will probably answer a lot of questions with regard to how the next film will unfold, and was written by the same person who is writing the new movie.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I wonder if he'll get the same super soldier juice that Steve Rogers did?
Sam flatly refused it during the course of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It would be a major change in his character if he wanted it now.

I agree with Josh regarding the importance of the show. The original writer on this film (before the new hire for reshoots) wrote the TV series as well. The movie is essentially going to be a sequel to that show and I expect things that occurred in it to be extremely relevant to whatever this story is. So if you're particularly interested in Sam's story, I would say the show is a must watch.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If they put it out on disc before this movie comes out, that's the only way I'd see it. I'm not subscribing to D+

If that means the movie makes no sense, I'll have to skip the movie. The box office for these films has cratered and Disney seems to be trying to hurt them more by making it that much harder for people to enjoy the theatrical films without also paying them for D+

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
If they put it out on disc before this movie comes out, that's the only way I'd see it. I'm not subscribing to D+

If that means the movie makes no sense, I'll have to skip the movie. The box office for these films has cratered and Disney seems to be trying to hurt them more by making it that much harder for people to enjoy the theatrical films without also paying them for D+
You could buy a month of D+, watch what you want, then cancel your subscription. It would cost about the same as a never-going-to-be-available disc release of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and there's certainly more than enough good content there to keep you busy for 30 days if you're so inclined.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks