What's new

Cannon And Others Coming Back Courtesy Of VEI (2 Viewers)

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
They gave a list of shows they acquired and have released most. Others were put on the back burner and they stated the others were coming the first quarter of 2016. Were almost in June and still nothing. When is Matt Houston gonna be released?

Good question. From that original list announced last May, I'm wondering what happened with Angie and Petrocelli. (Then there are all the shows from the 2nd list that came later.)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I been waiting for Matt Houston as well. Ever since people started complaining about some of the early first releases, I have kind of been holding my breath that VEI wouldn't abandon the whole project, especially if the sales on Hotel, Barnaby, and Cannon weren't good, which I dont really know. I do think its strange that with that big long list, it's been quite a while since something was released.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The Immortal is a big one for me so I can finally get rid of my old Armed Forces Network recordings from the late 70s that were off of beat up 16mm prints. But at least complete and not cut by 6 minutes like the SciFi Channel ones.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I don't think VEI's abandoning anything (yet); I bet they probably just announced more at one time than they're able to pull off as originally scheduled. I say this because also on that originally announced list of shows from last May was The Parkers and Sister, Sister. Both of those just came out in the last couple of months. Neither series is something I have any interest in, but it shows that they are still putting out shows from that first list. So that gives me hope that the others will come out this year, and then they'll start on that 2nd list (with The Magician, The Immortal, etc.).

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I don't think VEI's abandoning anything (yet); I bet they probably just announced more at one time than they're able to pull off as originally scheduled. I say this because also on that originally announced list of shows from last May was The Parkers and Sister, Sister. Both of those just came out in the last couple of months. Neither series is something I have any interest in, but it shows that they are still putting out shows from that first list. So that gives me hope that the others will come out this year, and then they'll start on that 2nd list (with The Magician, The Immortal, etc.).
Maybe (hopefully), they've taken into consideration the negative feedback with regards to Barnaby Jones and they're making certain they're dealing with unedited sources.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The Immortal is a big one for me so I can finally get rid of my old Armed Forces Network recordings from the late 70s that were off of beat up 16mm prints. But at least complete and not cut by 6 minutes like the SciFi Channel ones.

I remember being fascinated with this series when it had its brief network run. I liked both leads and I was told it resembled The Fugitive. Two big plusses for me. I was very angry when the show was cancelled.

Fast forward to the early SciFi channel and I was again able to view this show even though it seemed there were whole segments missing. SciFi pretty much taught me about cable syndication cuts. I was very excited when VEI announced this show, The Magician, Longstreet and Petrocelli were going to be available. I hope that the back half of the year will see all of these on a shelf near me.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Has anyone ordered/received VEI's newly released Matt Houston complete series set? If so, how does it look? Are the episodes edited?

Also, Garry Marshall's passing this week had me thinking about his various shows - including his sitcom Angie, which was on VEI's list of planned releases. I wonder when/if they're finally going to get around to it. VEI's website still lists it as "Coming Soon" but with no specifics.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I have the Matt Houston set. The first season is the same as the CBS release. The second and third seasons have prints that were probably used for cable airings. They aren't in terrible shape, but they certainly haven't been remastered for this release. They run about 46:30, which is short. They might be cut, although it's much smoother than Barnaby Jones; they may be timesped.

The second season premiere, on the other hand, is the full 90-minute version (72 without commercials), rather than the weirdly padded two-hour rerun version.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Thus far, they seem to be going in order of the list on their website. If they continue to do so, the update Untouchables would be next, and then Petrocelli.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
To amend my description above, the first season Matt Houston episodes are uncut and look similar to the CBS release in terms of visual quality, but the set has been reduced from six discs to five by putting more episodes on each disc.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Also, Garry Marshall's passing this week had me thinking about his various shows - including his sitcom Angie, which was on VEI's list of planned releases. I wonder when/if they're finally going to get around to it. VEI's website still lists it as "Coming Soon" but with no specifics.
Angie was supposed to be out in 2015 but then that didn't end up happening. I hope it is still coming, hopefully before year's end. I am looking forward to seeing this show. Would be nice if someone could release Out Of This World in its entirety. But even Maureen Flanagan doesn't think it's possible.

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
To amend my description above, the first season Matt Houston episodes are uncut and look similar to the CBS release in terms of visual quality, but the set has been reduced from six discs to five by putting more episodes on each disc.

How did you now determine that the episodes are uncut?

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
Fan Collector: The episodes of Season 2+3 (Matt Houston) go around 46:30 minutes?

If I´m not wrong the episodes of Season 1 (CBS/Paramount HD remastered) go around 49 minutes.

That would mean that the episodes of Season 2 and 3 would be cut by 2,5 minutes.

God, I hate Mill Creek.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks