What's new

Calibrating (1 Viewer)

JimmyAGR

Auditioning
Hi,

I want to calibrate my HT and am wondering which is better, and easier to use,AVIA or Video essentials? Where is the best place to buy it?

Thanks, Jimmy

no one has opinions on this?

I would also like to calibrate my system and would like the best method...links to other threads you know of perhaps? I have searched but so far not found anything to great..

Annette F

Auditioning
If you know of a GOOD local hi-fi dealer, you may consider using their technician for a house call. They were about $70 per hour but just a calibration would not take very long. In addition to first-rate calibration with little hassle, I got some great advice and other assistance in snaking some speaker cable, etc. Everything was already hooked up but I had them calibrate my dvd, pre-amp, and subwoofer, intstall a remote trigger switch to my amp, set speaker distances, and sound levels. He also tweaked my tv picture. I personally wanted it done right with little fuss. He also noticed a hookup mistake that was affecting my sound. I did not have to invest in a SPL meter and test disc. Especially in the context of the many thousands I spent on my system, it was money very well spent! Just another option to consider.

Annette

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks