What's new

Cable TV - what are you watching? (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Wow, I didn't realize I was watching this much on cable TV in the summer alone.

Rescue Me (FX)
In Plain Sight (USA)
Burn Notice (USA)
Royal Pains (USA)
Monk (USA)
Psych (USA)
Leverage (TNT)

And that's the summer alone. Plus some more during the regular TV season...

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX)
Damages (FX)
Breaking Bad (AMC)
Man v. Food (Travel Channel)
Dhani Tackles the Globe (Travel Channel)

So what cable TV shows are you watching?

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I always enjoy Mythbusters.

Lately I have been watching Current TV. Lots of good stuff on there. I tend to watch it early in the morning after I get my daughters off to school.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
This summer we'll be catching up, via Netflix, with True Blood, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Dexter, L Word, The Tudors, and John Adams, along with films like Twilight, Hancock, Bolt, Seven Pounds, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, The Day the Earth Stood Still, etc.

Beyond Netflix, these are the shows we're going to be watching, or recording and storing for later:

Burn Notice - The chemistry between Michael and Fiona is great, and the mystery of who burned Michael and what he's going to do about it is still, even after two seasons, still incredibly compelling.

Closer - At times, this is the best cop show on television. Our favorite character, remarkably, is Fritz!

Dark Blue - We'll be recording this, not watching it. However, we'll probably fit in the first episode, and if it is really good, we'll probably try to fit it in.

Eli Stone - Four episodes remain; we'd like to see how it ends.

Eureka - This is a wonderful, light show, that makes us smile a lot.

Expedition Africa: Stanley & Livingstone - This looks very intense.

History Detectives - We use this as filler, because each episode is really three 20 minute mini-episodes.

Impact - One of two astronomical catastrophe mini-series this summer.

In Plain Sight - We've loved Mary McCormack since The West Wing.

Kings - This is a beautifully filmed series, and we'd like to see how it ends.

Leverage - This was an incredible surprise this past winter.

Listener - I was originally very interested in this show, but it might end up on the shelf for us.

Mad Men - One of the best shows on television -- pretty much single-handedly kept us subscribed to cable last fall.

Medium - For some reason, this winter/spring series extends into summer this year.

Mental - This didn't originally look like something we'd like, but I'm thinking now that we'll watch this and just record The Listener.

Merlin - We're suckers for a great fantasy series.

Meteor - The other astronomical catastrophe mini-series this summer.

Philanthropist - This was an early favorite for us. It looks very interesting.

Psych - This is a great hour-long comedy.

Pushing Daisies - My wife's favorite show this past year. We have to see how it ends.

Saving Grace - TNT's second (after The Closer) great series.

Storm - Another catastrophe mini-series. They say they come in three's eh? This one we'll just record.

Virtuality - Word is that this television movie is just burn-off (that they're not going to pick up the series), but it will only cost us a couple of hours to check it out.

Warehouse 13 - This wasn't on my radar originally, but some previews convinced me to watch at least the first episode.

Wipeout - Great fun.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Raising the Bar started season two tonight.

Just started Showtime mainly for Nurse Jackie. Am also looking forward to Dexter. Looks like they're starting things over at episode one from 2006, hope it continues.

Gave up on Grey's Anatomy last fall with the Denny storyline. Turns out it wasn't as silly as I thought, so hope to catch repeats this summer.

Have never seen The Closer or Amazing Grace, but plan on starting those.

Enjoyed Eli Stone, never realized it had a few more episodes, just seemed to fade away without an real ending like Life on Mars.

Psych and Burn Notice guaranteed. Both great shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks