What's new

Setting Default Source on Samsung TV (1 Viewer)

thegekko77

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Sheets
All.
I am creating a few simple remote macros for my setup.
I have a Samsung un55nu6900fxza with a Cable box on HDMI 1 and a Roku box on HDMI 2. There is also the native Samsung TV as another source.

The macros I want to create are:

1) Turn on all devices and set to HDMI 1 (To watch cable)
2) Turn on all devices and set to HDMI 2 (To watch Roku)
3) Turn off all devices

The problem I am running into is that there is no way to select a discrete input source (at least that I have found). To select a Source with the remote, you have to press Source button multiple times to step through the 3 sources to select one. So, when I am designing these macros, I can't select a specific input. I tried to just add multiple Source presses to arrive at the correct input, but that won't work because, depending on what source you left off at when you shut the system down, you will need different Source presses to get to a specific input.

It seems like there should be a way to get around this but I haven't found one yet. Is there a way to get the TV to default to a specific input when turned on?
Looking for any suggestions!

Thanks,
Joe

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I’m afraid you’re probably out of luck. My go-to would be to find another Samsung remote that had separate buttons for each input, that you could then use to program your macro (assuming that remote would work for your TV). But none of the ones I can find for Samsung TVs have that arrangement.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I’ve had several Samsung TVs and those codes are only available on high end programmable remotes like Harmony. One of those can be used to teach another learning remote, but that’s about it.

thegekko77

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Sheets
I’ve had several Samsung TVs and those codes are only available on high end programmable remotes like Harmony. One of those can be used to teach another learning remote, but that’s about it.
So, if I get something like a Harmony 665, I can program it to go to a specific input?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You should be able to. My folks have a previous version of that remote and a Samsung TV, and I know I programmed macros that selected the inputs. I also use a Harmony 950 to do this with the one Samsung TV I have now.

thegekko77

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Sheets
You should be able to. My folks have a previous version of that remote and a Samsung TV, and I know I programmed macros that selected the inputs. I also use a Harmony 950 to do this with the one Samsung TV I have now.
Thank you. I will test it out tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks