What's new

buying JBL tweeters? (1 Viewer)

PeterK

Supporting Actor
I would like to know if I would see an improvement if I bought 2 tweeters to put in my mains that match the tweeter in my EC25 center channel. my mains are old no name brands so I am guessing they don't match the center. Would this be a good idea? also, the tweeters on the jbl site for the EC25 cost 12 bucks but the tweeter for the E100 costs 21 bucks but in the descriptions of each speaker it show the tweeters to be exactly the same. What's up with that? Finally, I am in canada, and it says those are the shipping costs for US only. but when I go to the international shipping link Canada is not on the list. so how can I get stuff shipped to canada?
Thanks. ;) :D ;)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It can’t hurt to try. The speaker’s crossover network will have an affect on the way the tweeter sounds, so don’t expect them to sound identical to the one in the center channel. However, you should be able to get at least a closer timbre match.

One thing to look out for, the old tweeters and the JBL’s need to have the same nominal impedance rating – i.e., 4-ohms or whatever.

As far as your other questions about shipping to Canada and the cost discrepancy, you’ll have to ask the people at JBL about that.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

PeterK

Supporting Actor
Is the nominal resistance on the back of the speaker always the same as the nominal resistance on the tweeter? because the tweeter in my mains to be replaced are 8 ohms and the speakers as a whole are rated 8 ohms. My center channel is rated 8 ohms so can I conclude that the tweeter for the center is also 8 ohms?
:)
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks