What's new

Tweeter advice (1 Viewer)

Superdad-2265

Auditioning
Real Name
Eddie
Does anybody know what the best possible tweeter upgrade I can use for a mint condition JBL Northridge e80 tower speakers, now the ones already in the speakers are brand new, I was just told that they were super sensitive and have tendency to blow easily, so I'd prefer to install best quality , bulletproof ones if that's possible, I'm just finding out that alot of speaker company's like to use majority awsome parts but skimp on others which is ridiculous, but yes any suggestions on best quality tweeters would be much appreciated, as I am new to the audiophile scene, thx kindly

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It's not that simple. You can't just swap out drivers and expect decent results. A speaker is a complex system integrating drivers, crossovers, cabinets, etc. with a LOT of variables.

It's important to make certain you have enough power. Having too little power and over driving the amps is the most common way to fry tweeters.

If your speakers can't play loud enough for you, then you need different speakers, not just different tweeters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks