What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Buenos Aires' Museo del Cine collection continues to be a gold mine for rediscovered lost films (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
From the latest article on the restored Metropolis:

Even as the full-length version of “Metropolis” plays in Germany and the United States, the Argentine archivists continue to examine the Museo del Cine collection in Buenos Aires. Just last month, Ms. Félix-Didier said, a print was found of a Soviet-era silent film long thought to have been lost: Yevgeny Chervyakov’s 1928 “My Son.”
In addition, the Museo del Cine has discovered what the Library of Congress says are the only surviving copies of three American films: a 1916 William S. Hart western called “The Aryan”; a 1928 drama called “The Crimson City,” with Myrna Loy and Anna May Wong; and a melodrama from 1921 called “The Gilded Lily” and starring Mae Murray.
“This is great news,” said Stephen Leggett, program coordinator of the library’s National Film Preservation Board. Mr. Peña said: “I’m glad I persisted. We still haven’t been through everything, so new discoveries could keep appearing.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/05/movies/05metropolis.html

VERY cool news.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
This is very good news.
Let's hope they keep looking and keep finding new stuff.
i want to see that William S. Hart film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sp2024
Recent bookmarks