What's new

budget tv (1 Viewer)

Ryan*Heller

Auditioning
Ok im new to this site and i think its great i dont know if this is the right place to post this but im gonna give it a try. i was told to go to this site by my cousin after countless hours of searching on webpages about hdtvs. Heres my situation im 16 and i was planning on buying a 42 inch smasung dlp for 1800 dollars at circuit city my mind was set because it was a tv that was over 40 inches and was under 2k. But then my parents got divorced and money is now tight so i only have about 1300 dollars to spend so theres know way i could get a 40inch plus tv for under 1500 so i started looking at smaller tvs but then one day out of luck i went to my local game store and heard about this guy that sells display models and its all legal and legit but he has a 50 inch sony lcd for 1300 dollars and im kinda confused on what i should do because my original goal was to get an dlp tv because i heard that was ideal for gaming and movies. he didnt have the exact model number but the tv was in perfect condition so basically ive read a lot about dlp vs lcd but im still not sure on what i can do. so if anyone is intrested on helping a boy on a budget find an hdtv that can run 720p or 1080i for a good deal or recommend some that would help a lot so if your willing to help let me know so i can send you more info thanks
Ryan Heller

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Floor model DLP's and non-direct view LCD's are tricky because you don't know how long the projection lamp will last.

>>> my parents got divorced

How stable are your living arrangements? If you will have to move a lot, an RPTV, or rather any large TV, is not going to work out well.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

John S

Senior HTF Member
Man, you can probably score a decent front projector for that and a screen. Go for some serious screen size. :)

Here is a decent Plasma deal in your budget, on a quick search, certainly a good enough to deal to look into it some more.

http://www.plasmaworld.net/FWD50PX1W.html

You will be hard pressed to get even 32" in LCD direct view technology.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
If you can squeeze a few more dollars from your parents, a new Sanyo PLV-Z3 or Panasonic AE700 front projector is a good bet. These are good quality, LCD, 720p, obtainable for about $1600., and can be easily packed for moving (need insurance though) except you need to have a dark room for viewing any front projected picture.

I was going to suggest the Sanyo 'Z2, also a 720p LCD, and costing under $1300., but I don't think that model has HDCP, without which your HDTV options get complicated and sometimes limited.

Daman

Second Unit
You get can a Panny 42 inch EDTV for around 1300 something from one of the good authorized retailers online. You may want to check that out. Nothing beats the beautiful picture quality of a plasma IMHO.

James Grasso

Agent
"http://www.plasmaworld.net/FWD50PX1W.html"

I would order this set right now, if only I could find anything about their website, anywhere . . . I can't even find www.plasmaworld.net in a google search.

If anyone has any info/experience with them, please, inform us.

Thanks.

PS: Sorry for the threadjack, it was entirely unintentional. I'm also looking for an LCD/Plasma around the $1000 price point, and stumbled across this thread.

Brian_Fly

Stunt Coordinator
"http://www.plasmaworld.net/FWD50PX1W.html"

Holy Schnikes! Anyone placed an order? Maybe a misprint?

So I emailed them. They claim it is new, not refurbished or used, but will only accept payment via Western Union. A google search revealed they are listed as fraudulently using the Trust*e logo. Also, the Verisign link on their site does not authenticate their business, but only takes you to the Verisign website. Seems shady.

mark_czek

Auditioning
i was about to order that sony..... did anyone find any other information about that site?? they say they are based out of new zealand.... i dont know, seems almost too good to be true?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks