What's new

Best 55” inch TV? (1 Viewer)

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I had to move last August under duress. Lousy landlord. Bottomline, I boxed my tv up very quickly. Just a large U-Haul box & I didn’t secure on the truck. It was a disaster. The tv has sat in storage until this past week. It’s a 55” Vizio M Series Quantum (model 558-G1). I plugged it in & one side looked like it had vertical cracks. There were cracks at the top. I need a new tv.

The Vizio was solid to me. Vivid color and it did well with movies & sports. I watch a lot of sports but movies can range from current blockbusters to 1930’s films. I loved the tv & had no complaints. I may just buy the same model but I wondered what some other options are. My budget is about $1,200.00 but that’s absolutely the top end. The room is usually pretty dim.

I’d be happy with the same Vizio but I usually like to step up.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You’re just on the cusp of the price for a 55” OLED, which would be the best TV overall. In fact the Vizio 55” OLED is currently on sale for less than $1K At Best Buy.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Well I have the Mq8 and aside from it being unable to zoom in on streaming services I like it alot.

Don't think an OLED will fix that either.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I’ve looked at the Vizio M7 & M8 but while both are solid, neither reviews as well as the 2019 model I had. The Vizio Oled is definitely a consideration. I’m also looking at the Samsung Neo Qled tvs. Sonys are pricey but LG might be an option.

When I bought my first flat screen tv, it was a Panasonic plasma. Beautiful tv. Then I bought an HD Samsung. It didn’t last long so I’m hesitant to look at Samsungs. Vizio has been really good to me. I watch a lot of blu rays and live sports so the model I had was perfect. I’m not a huge streamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks