What's new
World Wide Stereo

Budget subwoofer (1 Viewer)

MikaelO

Auditioning
I'm finishing off my budget home theater and looking to upgrade my old subwoofer.

The room is about 11x27 with 8" height (floor level)
I have a 2 tiered plattform for a total of 3 rows of seats.
I have been eyeing the SVS25-31 but at 379 + SH, it a little more than I want to spend at this time (WAF).
I have also thought about the EZTUBESHIVAP kit from CSS.

How does the EZTUBESHIVAP compare to the SVS25-31?

Any other sugestions of powered or un-powered subs in the >$300 level?

I do have an older 2 ch amp to hold me over until I can sneak in a plate amp into the bugdet.

728x90

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I do not know what the sub you are comparing to the SVS is?? Anyway, as for "budget subs" you could check out any of the Dayton subs.

MikaelO

Auditioning
My existing sub is a POS KLH 10" that I'm acctually not using anymore beacause if sound like crap.

Instead I drive my fronts as large.

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
Get the CSS Shiva kit you've mentioned. That's a great deal for an easy to assemble kit, and will sound great. Start there for less $$ than the SVS, and then after you're totally hooked on a good subwoofer, start saving your $$ for one of the SVS heavy hitters. . .

Wes

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Have you considered going with a used passive CS sub or one from VMPS? You could get a kit without the cabinet from VMPS if you are able to do build the cabinet yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks