What's new

Broadway Melody and Cimarron (1 Viewer)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I'm looking for any documentaries that reference either of these two films, interviews with the stars, if any, or really ANYTHING relevant to either of these two films. IF you know of something, posting a link or letting me know would really help me out! Thanks so much!!

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Not sure if it’s what you’re really looking for, but some of the musical numbers of Broadway Melody are highlighted in the That’s Entertainment films (I don’t remember if there was any real in-depth information on the film in the narration when it was covered).

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Not sure if it’s what you’re really looking for, but some of the musical numbers of Broadway Melody are highlighted in the That’s Entertainment films (I don’t remember if there was any real in-depth information on the film in the narration when it was covered).
I'll check it out! Thanks!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I can tell you Frank Sinatra misstates at the beginning of That's Entertainment! that the Hollywood Revue was the first all talking-all singing-all dancing movie. Completely wrong but the narration allows him to label "Singin' in the Rain" as the studio's theme song down through the years.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I can tell you Frank Sinatra misstates at the beginning of That's Entertainment! that the Hollywood Revue was the first all talking-all singing-all dancing movie. Completely wrong but the narration allows him to label "Singin' in the Rain" as the studio's theme song down through the years.
I’m trying to find a copy. I’d like to see it, just In case!

midvalleyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Broadway Melody is referenced in the 5 DVD Box set "Hollywood Singing Dancing". On disc 1 there is a 2 minute long section which include a 1997 interview with Anita Page. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• musicaldvd.jpg
    musicaldvd.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 27

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Thanks! That really helped! I got to see it.

midvalleyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
I purchased my copy online here in Australia from EzyDVD.com.au. It's still listed on their website.The episodes are apparently available separately. Be careful - there are a number of similar box sets available online with almost identical titles. My box set is on the Ovation label hosted by Shirley Jones (Region free, PAL).

Attachments

• ezydvd.png
    ezydvd.png
    415.6 KB · Views: 38

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I purchased my copy online here in Australia from EzyDVD.com.au. It's still listed on their website.The episodes are apparently available separately. Be careful - there are a number of similar box sets available online with almost identical titles. My box set is on the Ovation label hosted by Shirley Jones (Region free, PAL).
Thanks!!

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I am also looking for pictures from the Original program. I've found some, but not all 20 pages. if anyone know where I might be able to view it, i'd be very grateful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks