Blu-ray rebate question.

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by chris_clem, Sep 1, 2007.

1. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

I just bought a PS3 and I will be mailing the rebate for the 5 free movies on Monday.

Just curious, how long does it usually take for them to mail the discs? Has anyone else received their rebate movies yet?

Also, since I will be mailing them the receipt do they mail it back to you with the movies (In case I need to take the PS3 back or something)?

2. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I just sent mine out 2 weeks ago.....It would be a good idea to just send them a photocopy of the receipt (it mentions that those are acceptable on the form). Don't send an original as you might need that if your PS3 has problems down the road. From my experience, these companies do not return the receipts to you.

3. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

Joseph,

Thanks for the heads-up. Will mail in a photocopy then. I take it you haven't gotten your BDs yet? (even though 2 weeks sounds like a reasonable amount of time for you to have gotten them by now....)

Anyone else waiting for or received their BDs?

4. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

According to my form, It says 'allow 8 to 10 weeks for delivery' in the fine print. In Canada, they usually follow that to the letter. [​IMG]

No matter, I have a large order of BDs from last week's Amazon sale coming this week to tide me over till then. [​IMG]

5. Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert Second Unit

I'm also in Canada, and it took less than six weeks to get mine.
    I mailed the form on July 13th and got the discs on Aug. 22nd.

6. Joe_G

Joe_G Second Unit

My new 60gb arrived today from Amazon.[​IMG] Just so that I'm crystal on this, what do I need to cut off of the box for the movie rebate? There's 3 white labels - on that is labeled POS BARCODE, on has the serial number and third I'm not quite sure what it is.

I'm guessing I just need to cut off the one that is marked POS BARCODE, but wanted to make sure.

7. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Yes, the POS Barcode is the UPC. One of the others is a serial # and I forget the third.

What did people who bought the player online send as a receipt? The Order Confirmation page?

(Note that the little colored slip they have in stores says that the state on the receipt must be your home state, but the form you print out online does not.)

8. Joe_G

Joe_G Second Unit

I'm sending a copy of the invoice that Amazon sent with the PS3. I read over at AVS that copies of the receipt are accepted, so that's what I'm doing.

I also noticed that about the rebate form as well. I picked one up at gamestop and it said that the player must be purchased in the same state. Luckily the rebates that are printable online don't say that. Why would one rebate form state thatand not the other? They're both the same rebate.

9. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman
    Hm. I don't think mine came with an invoice -- just a packing slip. (I bought it from the SonyStyle website.)

I'm pretty sure the small print on the form says that receipt copies are OK.

10. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman
    OK, the first post in the AVS thread had an information # that someone found: 1-800-598-9671.

Should've checked there -- I called twice and someone picked up immediately both times. [​IMG]

They told me to send a copy of the packing slip that came in the package. It doesn't have much info, so I'll probably send the order confirmation as well, just to be safe.

Also, it turns out I was wrong about the UPC code -- apparently it's not the POS code they want (even though I'm pretty sure that's the actual product code), and it's not the serial number code, it's the third one (I forget how it's labeled, but I believe it has a sticker over the original code with a new one).

Glad I checked!

BTW, apparently people who submitted these forms after the PS3 price drop are waiting MUCH longer to get the free movies. Hope they still have the ones I want. . .

11. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

3.5 weeks

12. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman
    Earl,

Which of the 4 bar codes from the box did you send in?

I am probably going to call again, just to make sure. . .this is making me paranoid!

13. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman
    OK, I called again. . .this time the person told me the code to send in (for the base 60 GB unit) is the one with the number "7 11719 80000 2".

That's the "POS BAR CODE" that I originally took to be the UPC, but the people I spoke with last week told me otherwise.

Yeesh. . .

[​IMG]

14. Jim Rondeau

Jim Rondeau Stunt Coordinator

I was getting nervous there from your earlier post. I just put mine in the mail a hour ago using the POS Bar Code. Glad that was the right one [​IMG]. I also sent in a copy of the packing slip along with a printout of the order from Sonystyle.

I ended up going with Chicken Little, Corpse Bride, Resident Evil 2, The Devils Rejects and Transporter 2 (though I'll probably end up trying to trade the last two).

15. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

Chicken Little/Corpse Bride/Hart’s War/The Italian Job/Underworld Evolution

16. Joe_G

Joe_G Second Unit

Ditto, I was starting to get worried as well, as the POS was what I sent in. I went with these :

Pearl Harbor

Blazing Saddles

Resident Evil 2

Black Rain

Transporter 2

17. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman
    I'm going for Chicken Little, Blazing Saddles, and Black Rain. Still torn between RE2/ Stealth and Last Waltz/ Transporter 2/ Species.

Leaning towards RE2 and Last Waltz though. But I'm curious about whether Stealth is any good (Sony neglected to send me a screener when I was doing reviews) as it sounds like it might be a good demo disc.

18. Joe_G

Joe_G Second Unit

I was torn between Species/Transporter 2. I just decided to buy Species from Amazon for $13+ shipped and select Transporter for my freebee.

19. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

I went with:
    Pearl Harbor/Corpse Bride/ Babel/Transporter 2/Underworld Evolution

Aaron, IMO (and I KNOW I'm not alone) Stealth is one of the worst movies of all time. The "action sequences" are about on par with straight-to-video B-movies so I wouldn't put that on even as a demo disc.

20. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman
    Thanks, guys. Gotta send in that form soon. [​IMG]