Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

Blackbeard's Ghost Blu-ray Review

blackbeardghosttop-1024x576.jpg

Robert Stevenson's silly, rambunctious fantasy comedy Blackbeard's Ghost continues the good-natured spirit of Walt Disney's family comedies of the 1960s even if the movie's premise sometimes doesn't paint its characters with much intelligence and the goal seems always that slapstick be the order of the day.

[review]
Read more.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Just curious Matt, did Disney send out screeners of their club exclusives this late in the game or did you have to acquire them yourself to do all these marvelous reviews?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I picked this up as a blind buy a while ago but haven't watched it yet - will try to get to it sooner, I'm more excited about it after your review.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Just curious Matt, did Disney send out screeners of their club exclusives this late in the game or did you have to acquire them yourself to do all these marvelous reviews?
Disney did not send out screeners; I would have done them in a more timely fashion if that had happened. HTF Management generously provided me with some of the Club Blu-rays for me to review when things were a little slow in my review schedule.

Last edited:

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Partly nostalgia, no doubt, but I really like this one. I have vivid memories of seeing this on a double feature with Snowball Express. I also had the storyteller LP, much of which was taken from the actual soundtrack.

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
This is one of my favorite films of all time and it has always looked muddy and awful -- until now... it's perfect -- like looking through a window and we finally get all that is in the frame. Don't miss it! The same transfer is also on Amazon streaming.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Forgot to include this one on my primary school film list from the early 1970's, together with all the other ones I was remembering on the Twilight Time "Tom Sawyer" thread, a few days back. Loved it! (And before I forget, we saw Davy Crockett too!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks