What's new

Bigger Better Bass (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
I thought Nousaine's article did a decent job of describing what performance is available from subs in Brick & Mortar stores.

As expected, he used many objective tests that others with subs from internet-based subs and/or DIY would also use. At least the article will help you to compare the whole of what's available.

If I didn't have my DIY Tempest, and wasn't interested in any of the online sub dealers, I wouldn't mind having the V-76 from M&K (which to me seems to be the one to beat from those reviewed).

JKS

terence

Supporting Actor
I thought Tom did a great job as well. It should help people who are in the market looking for subwoofer with different options, and applications.

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
I thought it was a good article. I was disappointed to see no SVS subs involved though. I also thought the "Dollar per dB" rating was quite misleading.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
One thing I like about this test that's different from other one's Nousaine has done is he added the bandwidth uniformity %.

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with frank that the Bandwidth uniformity was a nice touch... Overall a good article.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
eing SVS hasn't got that magical invite nor tried to buy their way into the scene, I'm a bit disappointed that one cannot see a true bang for the buck sub treasure...yes, it would foil those velo's(reps) and others in that 1600 buck range, but who cares..I want the best sub for the buck..and as far as I'm concerned, they don't have it. I am glad I don't have to resort to those articles anymore...good, yes...and I can say it is probably dead on accurate(being its T.N.) but I'm sure all of us thank this forum, and memebers for bringing us the SVS's, HSU's, and DIY alternatives..so thank you! BTW, I haven't heard a HSU yet, but I'm sure the "3" could hold its own against this clan also. tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks