What's new

Big Valley (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Wonder if Shout/Timeless (or Fox) will ever re-release season 1 as single-sided dvd discs.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Probably not until they release a complete series set. Even then, the chances of a separate re-release of season 1 is pretty slim.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
jcroy said:
Wonder if Shout/Timeless (or Fox) will ever re-release season 1 as single-sided dvd discs.
Personally, I'd like to stick with the less-compressed DVD-14s rather than DVD-9s containing the same number of episodes. That said, reports are that these still look great even with the extra compression. I don't know why people hate double-sided discs. I've never had a problem with them.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
People have a legitimate gripe about DVD-18 flippers because there is lots of evidence indicating that they have playback issues. Lesser flippers DVD-10s and DVD -14s are usually fine, but I think the concern is that they can scratch easily because they have no "safe side."Glad to hear the second season looks good. I never picked up the half season set so I'm all set with the Timeless release. I also look forward to completing the series.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Same here I have 300+ flipper discs, most of them from Universal and have never had a problem with any of them on any of my players. I have had problems with about a dozen DVD-9's but I have over 1,000 of those so no complaints there either. They are more prone to scratches and not every DVD player handles scratches the same way.
Mark-P said:
Personally, I'd like to stick with the less-compressed DVD-14s rather than DVD-9s containing the same number of episodes. That said, reports are that these still look great even with the extra compression. I don't know why people hate double-sided discs. I've never had a problem with them.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
The final season of Big Valley will be coming in November according to my crystal ball.

Gary "now if only we could get Timeless/Shout to go back and redo S1" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
November means that three of my four stalled/unreleased "B" titles will have been completed! Big Valley, Batman and Bob Newhart. Now someone please take care of the other title that starts with "B" I've mentioned too many times before.S4 has among other things, Adam West's first post-"Batman" role in an attempt to break out of the typecasting mode quickly as a psychotic Civil War vet, and also the one time Julie London ever successfully harnessed her singing image in a major TV guest shot.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Any reviews out there yet for season 3? I'm almost thru season 2, so the arrival of the next set of episodes is gonna be great timing.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
jim_falconer said:
Any reviews out there yet for season 3? I'm almost thru season 2, so the arrival of the next set of episodes is gonna be great timing.
I received my Season 3 set today. Six dual-layer discs, four with four shows on each, two with five shows. I've only watched a couple complete episodes but they look nice, with good color and contrast in general, decent sharpness. There are some slight compression artifacts at times and quality can vary from episode to episode, but overall a good job considering the price. It's no remastered Bonanza, however.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I am about to start purchasing season sets but do have one question.

Are these episodes complete or edited?

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
bretmaverick2 said:
I am about to start purchasing season sets but do have one question.

Are these episodes complete or edited?
I don't know about every episode, but on the first two discs (Season 3) each episode runs over 51 minutes.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
John Hermes said:
I received my Season 3 set today. Six dual-layer discs, four with four shows on each, two with five shows. I've only watched a couple complete episodes but they look nice, with good color and contrast in general, decent sharpness. There are some slight compression artifacts at times and quality can vary from episode to episode, but overall a good job considering the price. It's no remastered Bonanza, however.
Thanks John. Just started watching season 3, and completely agree with your review. A really great show. Very glad it's finally getting released, even if the transfers are not "bonanza" like.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Brian Himes said:
`
Tvshowsondvd.com has a news story about season 3:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Big-Valley-Season-3/

If this series stays on this same track, we might get the season 4 set by the end of the year. I certainly hope that we do. I'd like to have this one finished as quickly as possible.
I have Big Valley on my DVD to buy list, but I have pushed it off due to budget issues as well as I am focusing on other shows that are bit more interesting too me.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'm a little surprised Timeless still hasn't announced the final season since they announced S3 the day S2 came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks