What's new

Best Speakers to mate with Paradigm CC-350? (1 Viewer)

Sal Orlando

Auditioning
Hi, I bought a Paradigm CC-350 center channel speaker a few years ago to fill out my surround setup, with the intention of eventually replacing my mains and surrounds with Paradigms to match.

Well, it has taken me longer than I thought but I may finally be ready to get the other speakers. I'll need a sub as well.

My question is, what speakers will match well with the CC-350 for the best sound? I see that they don't sell the 350 anymore; I originally wanted the drivers to all match but I'm not sure if that's possible anymore.

My receiver is a Denon AVR-2800.

Any advice would be most helpful.

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
If you look on the Paradigm Wbsite there are some older reviews of Monitor Series speakers with the CC350 so my guess would be something in the Monitor series would match it.

That center is 5 years old now and has been replaced with the CC370. I don't know your budget but I'd probly just trade it in or sell the 350 on Audiogon and start fresh rather than limiting yourself to the Paridigm Monitor series just to use a speaker you bought years ago (For the record I OWN Paridigm Montors so plaese don't think I'm saying DON'T BUY them just saying take the opportunity to explore what is available)

Sal Orlando

Auditioning
Interesting. Do you know what the difference is between the CC-350 and the CC-370? I don't have any complaints about the 350 so I don't really want to replace it unless there is a good reason.

Thanks!

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I suggest that you check Audiogon and eBay for used speakers from Paradigm's Monitor line. The Mini Monitors would be a good choice if you're looking for bookshelf speakers, and for tower speakers look for the Monitor 5 or 7.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
The 350 and 370 are very similar. I don't think you would have any problems matching with anything in Paradigm's current Monitor line.

Sal Orlando

Auditioning
I'm going to go to my local Paradigm dealer (only one in the Bay Area apparently...?) and check out the Monitor 7s. Thanks for the help.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have recently listened to the Paradigm Monitor 7s, Version 3 and was very impressed with their sound. I own Version 1, Monitor 7s and am thinking of purchasing the Version 3s.

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
I have Monitor 7's (interestingly I was refered to them by Marty :)) paired with a CC-350 and I love them. The Monitor 7 is basically a tipped up CC-350 with the tweeter moved between the two mids. Seems like a good match... :). Incidently, I have have Mini-Monitor surrounds, with the same 6.5" driver, albeit only one.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Dave, I'm glad the recommendation worked for you. IMO, the Paradigm 7s are one of the best speakers for the money. Enjoy.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I think the list price is $700 per pair but I'm not sure. Most dealers will give a 10 - 15% discount on the list price.

Sal Orlando

Auditioning
Just got back from my local dealer, who happened to have a clearance sale going on right now.

First I listened to the Monitor 7s (v.3), track 1 of Full House by Wes Montgomery (DCC Gold) and track 7 of Jethro Tull Aqualung (also DCC Gold edition). They sounded really good, but I wasn't completely blown away. I liked them though, especially since the floor model pair were on sale for $499! The bass was surprisingly rich and deep. The CD player and Receiver were Pioneer Elite. I have a Sony S7000 and Denon AVR-2800.

Next I listened to the Studio 60s. I was blown away by these ones! The detail and seperation and richness were really apparent. Unfortunately these were $1600.

Decided to check out the Monitor 11s (v.3) with the same tracks and actually, though of course they weren't up to the level of the 60's it seemed like that had more detail and presence than the 7s. The pair I was listening to were on sale for $699. I went for it! They are set up now and sounding great with music! Going to watch Twin Towers EE tonight! :emoji_thumbsup:

Sal Orlando

Auditioning
Finally getting a chance to upgrade my surrounds, and just placed an order for Mini-Monitors ($379). This has been a long process :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks