What's new

Best company to buy acoustic absorption panels from? (1 Viewer)

DanaRuns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dana
Hi.

I've read a lot, seen a lot of opinions, and my head is swirling with confusion. But I have one simple question that shouldn't be too hard:

I need to buy acoustic panels, some 2" thick, some 4" thick. What's the best company to buy these from? I plan to buy ready-made panels, and I need them within 2 weeks.

After looking around the web, I don't trust some of these companies. Who are the good, trustworthy companies that ship quickly and provide quality products?

Thanks. :)

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Dana, it would be interesting if in the end you shared your final experience based on the direction you went and your satisfaction with the end product regarding the acoustic treatments you will have implemented.

For the first theater I built in 2004 I bought all the raw materials (rigid fiberglass, tracking, and fabric) and implemented it myself (completely covered screen wall and ear level down along sides and back wall). In less than two years I will be building my next HT in a new house. However, this time I'm looking at commercial products, like what is sold by GIK Acoustics.

There isn't generally a lot of discussion on this forum regarding acoustic treatments, so I'm sure I'm not alone in being interested in hearing about what you implement.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks John. I think you were on that episode with Dave, weren’t you? Along with John Dirk or am I getting my episodes mixed up?
No. Room treatments isn’t my wheelhouse. I did two amp episodes, the second was with John Dirk. The treatments one was Dave Upton.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks