What's new

Best Buy TV DVD sets B1G1F sale (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
1st, you pay for the more expensive item. 2nd, I don't see the 1960's OL on the list.:frowning:

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
The Short version:
GIVE THEM THE CHEAPEST ITEM FIRST!!!

The long version:
Today I went to pick up The Outer Limits (47$) for myself and All in the Family (29$) for a friend. Like all of you, I knew that you paid for the most expensive and got the cheaper one free - but when he run the sets up, the total came to 32 and change. I got thinking "Gee, thats kind of low", but dismissed it as perhaps a mismarked Outer Limits or a pricedrop I wasnt aware of.

Then I look at the recipt after I was in the car - to my shock, I'd paid for All in the Family and got the Outer Limits free!

Upon thinking about it, I'd been looking at the front of my set while in line, and then handed the stack to the casher upside down (I was being nice, putting the UPC side up for him). Little did I know I'd get a nice bonus for my troubles.

Now of course your millage may vary, and this was probably a one-off fluke. But what the hell - doesnt hurt to try, huh? My only regret? I wish I'd gone with the 24 dollar Sanford and Son instead. :)

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
I bought all 8 seasons of Stargate and all 4 seasons of Married With Children. I also got some of those bargains due to the scanning order. hehehe

Jeff#

Screenwriter
As I posted in another topic, I paid $25 for Sanford and Son, and managed to get the new Outer Limits for FREE at Best Buy. I knew that and so did the cashier and she scanned the cheaper one at my request. ;)

The original 1960s Outer Limits was no longer in stock at that particular store. My plan was to buy the 2nd season of that to get the 1st season of the 1990s OL for free. But that wouldn't have worked anyway, because the old show is MGM / UA. The new series is released by Sony Pictures, and this offer is Sony only.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i might do this with king f queens but nothing else on the list i would want to own.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

I got lucky since I hadn't seen this first. I got Married With Children Season 4 and Dawson's Creek Season 5 (both originally avoided due to the episode cuts). They scanned Married With Children first, they rang up for $24.99, I gave them $20 in RZ certificates...

$5 for those two. That's about right. :)

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
A few days before the current B1G1 free sale Best Buy had B1G1 free, but with slightly higher prices on some of the sets. I purchased Seinfeld seasons 5 and 6 for $39.99 and today I took the receipt and price-adjusted it, so I got $5 and some change back.

I hoped that Dead Like Me was included in the sale, but alas, it wasn't. Oh well, I got Seinfeld 5 and 6 for $17 each, so I'm very happy :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So just to be clear, are all Seinfeld sets 34.99 at Best Buy? When I went to the store the signs only indicated this price for Season 4.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I bought 4&5 yesterday and both were $34.99. I think its all (not including the special boxed sets including the puffy shirt, etc.)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My purchase was actually done online with store pickup. Reading the online policy it sounds like I can only get a price adjustment if the online price is different. I suppose I could repurchase in the store but by that time most of my savings would be eaten up by the mileage.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
The same thing happened to me -- I got the more expensive set free; I guessed it was because (just by luck) the cashier scanned the cheaper one first and the more expensive one second.

But, wait -- how could a big company like Best Buy let this flaw slip in? Isn't it easy to program the computer to subtract the cheaper price, no matter what order they're scanned in?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
You would think so. After all, until the 2nd item is scanned in, the computer wouldn't know the deal qualifies for a 2 for 1. Seems like its bad programming.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Sign/ad only indicate Seinfeld Season 4 (got 5/6 yesterday, they rang up at $42), but showing the clerk the ad worked (it's an 'assume all seasons'- ymmv), and she knocked it down to $35.

Bummed I couldn't get a raincheck for the U2 Vertigo 2-disc for $11.99... on sale, but couldn't find it in two stores (because that's a GOOD price for it)... the 'deluxe' comes up in the computer as 'does not qualify for raincheck', and the blueshirt was insisting it's the 1-disc that's on sale (but the ad SAYS '2 dvd'- see, right there?).

Oh, well.

Very glad I waited 'til now on Seinfeld. Half-missing the Puffy shirt and script replica, but... no. Don't need the extra thingees for THAT much more money...

First BB I went to went through a lot of Seinfelds- had a bunch of 1&2 and 5, but none of the others...

Rescue Me at $34.99 (or half of that, rather) is a great deal- highly recommended. Nothing else I need, though (darn, Newsradio 3 isn't out until the B1G1 is over...). I'd like to see Soap eventually (never have), but don't want to get started on them now...

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Depending on what you plan on getting, you might want to check out Amazon.com. Their promotion is for the same titles, but slightly different - it's $20 off if you purchase two sets. With many of their prices being lower, though, if you plan on purchasing lower-priced DVDs (like All In The Family), you end up saving more. Example: I'm purchasing AITF Seasons 3 & 4. With Best Buy's deal, I'm paying $28.99 plus shipping and tax for the sets. At Amazon, I'm paying $22.98 with no tax and no shipping. It comes out better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks