What's new

Best Buy TV DVD sets B1G1F sale (1 Viewer)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Okay, one quick update: it appears that Amazon is including a few more titles than Best Buy is.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I decided to try the "give the cashier the lower priced boxset first" strategy and was rewarded with my efforts. I gave the guy Newsradio ($33.99) first, and then The Outer Limits ($47.99) second, and the system deducted the $47.99, and even the cashier was amazed I was saving almost $50 on the deal. I quickly gave him my Reward Zone card, and credit card and got the hell out there before they could change their mind on the transaction. So, after taxes, I got both TV boxsets for $36.03.

Chris Minogue

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps I live in an alternate universe... the Seinfeld DVDs were NOT on sale at my store. She even got out the ad and there is no mention of it anywhere. It was pretty embarassing, actually.

Does Best Buy have different sales in different regions?

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Chris- Big bummer if they're not on sale at your BB, but do take one more quick look at the Sunday ad if you still have it- the tv deals are on the right side of pg 2, and not 12-13 with the rest of the dvds...

Unless, you know, it's not there, either. In which case, never mind.

Chris Minogue

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the advice. Perhaps she went through last week's ad or something because it is definitely featured in the online version of the ad. I'll print that out and take it in for an adjustment later this week.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Got Seasons 5 & 6 in the mail last night and was really unhappy about Best Buy's packaging. They sent both in a very thin, loose mail bag with very small bubbles lining the bag. Sort of like what you'd recieve clothing in from Land's End or some other online clothing place.

One of my season boxes was banged up pretty good. :thumbsdown:

Peace,

DM

David Glenn

Second Unit

I know it's a hassel but just bring it to a local BB for an exchange.

Just got in under the wire...I picked up seinfeld 5 & 6 tonight.

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
I used the Amazon Deal
I got Green Acres S1 &S2 for $11.99 each+ free shipping & no tax

Plus they gave me their prime free for 3 months

Chris Minogue

Stunt Coordinator
I found the copy of the ad featured in the Sunday paper which did indeed feature the sale.

I went into the store today to get my price adjustment.

The clerk told me I didn't understand the ad.

I asked to speak with the manager.

The manager told me I didn't understand the ad.

I explained it over and over again using the smallest words I could muster to no avail.

That will be the last time I make a purchase from best buy.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I bought Seinfeld S5&6 last week, then saw the lower price this week. Since I bought them online, I called bb.com's 1-800 number to see if they could do a price adjustment. They told me that they don't adjust prices if the online price doesn't change. I pointed out the policy online that states they make adjustments if the price is lowered online or at any of their B&M stores within 30 days. They told me that since it wasn't lowered online, they couldn't adjust it. I pointed them to the online copy of the ad, and they said that even though that showed the lower price, that's not an online representation of the actual price (they couldn't explain that to me). I asked them why they had the policy listed if they weren't going to follow it, and they said that they were following their policies as stated, and as listed on the website (even though I read the policy word for word to them). They told me that the only way I could get the pricematch would be to take the unopened DVD's to the store where I did instore pickup, along with the receipt, and hope the store had the discs in stock and at the price listed in the ad. Otherwise, despite the store and online policies, they had no obligation to pricematch.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I figured it was more trouble than it was worth. I've been living the last few days stress-free. :)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
I told my brother I had heard about this sale at BB and off we went. He and I are Stargate SG 1 fans so this sounded perfect.

When we got there, he decided to get lost in the computer section, and since I could not remember the studio that was offering this deal, I asked a salesman, and he looked it up on the computer.

I found my brother, and then he and I scoured the aisles for what we wanted. I would have gotten myself an SG1 set as well, except that The Outer Limits 90s era season 1 was part of this, so he got season 8 of SG1 and I got OL. I told him I would go halfsies on this, so we each ended up, after taxes, getting what we wanted for $27 and change.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks