What's new

BEST BUY E-Mail Coupon (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Wow Malcom, I wouldn't call it black mail. She had the choice NOT to give me the discount and I had to choice to go to Walmart. She made a business decision to give me what I asked for.
She made a business decision based on deceptive information provided by you. Because you "played dumb," she thought you were legitimately shopping based on the fact that you were getting 10% off the whole purchase. Given that information, she could either give you the discount or have a disappointed/angry customer on her hands based on what she thought was your misunderstanding but which you fully admit was an outright lie.

If you had not "played dumb," but had instead said, "I realize this is supposed to be only 10% off a single item, but since I've decided to make such a large amount of purchases don't you think I could get 10% off the whole thing?" and she still gave you the discount, that would be good service and savvy shopping on your part.

However, tricking her into making a decision by knowingly providing false information then threatening to leave the store when she corrected you, I see as wrong. (And people wonder why BB keeps marking up their prices.)

If the stuff was cheaper at Wal-Mart, why not go there in the first place instead of hassling Best Buy?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Nathan,

#1 - the coupon has expired (per the dates in Post #1).

#2 - See posts #16 and/or #45. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks