What's new

Best 5.1 surround system for under 1000 bucks (1 Viewer)

samhfoley

Auditioning
Real Name
Sam
I am buying an Onkyo TX-SA606X and hooking up my HTPC to it. I now need a 5.1 speaker system for my apartment which is 8 ft wide and about 12 feet long with walls in front and behind the sofa/TV with a sliding glass door for the right wall and an empty spot on the left where the entry to the kitchen is (don't know if all that's necessary, but I'll say it anyways... I am looking for a center, sub, 2 bookshelf fronts and 2 wall mounted surrounds. I'd like to buy everything for under 1000 bucks. I do not listen to music much. I mostly watch movies, and my wife watches TV. Thanks for any help you might give me. I have seen people recommend B & W, Paradigm, Klipsch and many more. Any help would be great. Thanks.

samhfoley

Auditioning
Real Name
Sam
You're the 2nd person who has directed me to this page. I had another group say the same thing. I am thinking that these might in fact be the way to go. How about wiring? At 55 bucks a pop for 3m of BetterWiring cable that's a bit pricey for me. What's my best bet for affordable yet quality wiring?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsytems13
Recent bookmarks