What's new

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 (Oct 06) (1 Viewer)

paul_v

Second Unit
It really is a shame that the show did not get an emmy nod. As long as enough people watch it to keep it on the air.

That said Friday can't come soon enough. There has never been a show where I'm literally counting the days until the season premier. Well except for "24".

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator
Scifi.com has the first 13 minutes of the S3 premiere online. It's called the "First Look." I can't link directly b/c it's all flash but it's in the Pulse video section. Look under shows - BSG - First Look.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i hope one day... a "LOTR" but for SF wins oscars, emmies and a bunch of awards to tell them off =). imho, there is MORE validation for SF than plain ole vanilla drama. it takes a lot more on the audience's front to 'get SF' than the other stuff.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link! That said, I think I personally am going to hold off until Friday where I can take it all in in one solid hit.:)

I was already taking a bus back to Albany for the long weekend, so I'll actually be able to watch it live (CABLE!) rather than relying on a VHS tape a day or two later.

Color me super-psyched.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
MikeRS, That scene in Pegasus made me cry. Gorgeous, gorgeous work, all around.

I was totally coming here to post this as soon as I heard earlier this afternoon. I can't wait to get home and watch it (I have no patience whatsoever.) And then of course, watch the whole thing tomorrow. Eeeee!

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
everyone finished the 10 part webisodes? it was... as i expected, a push from SF to promote SF... but not necessarily benefit the show itself. i bet when we see the premiere tomorrow it'll just be a snip or line or subplot. why anyone wants to see subplots... well. whatever. can't wait til tomorrow.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Wow, I can't believe it's been seven months since the end of season 2 (although in fairness, that's only slightly more than the 6 months viewers have waited for other shows - some have had their finales in May and premieres in Nov.). It's always difficult to not get your hopes up for a season premiere after so long a wait and for a show in which the stakes have continually been raised, but by all reports and reviews, tonight's premiere doesn't disappoint.

Andy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
I am a weak man.

I was so going to wait to watch season 3 on UHD, but I couldn't do it. Just added the season pass for SciFi channel.

Looking forward tonight, though with a touch of self-loathing.

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
The last webisode was as disappointing as what went before it. It also had the added bonus of being highly pixelated. None of the others were like that so obviously the Sci-Fi website was getting a lot of traffic.

Tonight should be good. I'm going to a BSG party to kick off the new season.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Caught the first couple webisodes and then life got in the way. I'm going to try to get them all in before 9 pm tonight, but it doesn't look too good. I will be glued to the TV starting at 9, a proposition that is giving the boyfriend a headache already.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Doctor Who at 7, and Galactica at 8 for 2 hours. That 3 hours will be the longest i have watched the Sci-Fi cannel in months! Not to mention any show with ads and pop ups!

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I just watched all 10 webisodes last night. Decent stuff. Nice little bonus. One thing that seemed to be missing was any mention of Cylon/human discussion of the fate of the fleet. Or did the cylons tell President Baltar at the end of last season that the fleet jumped away? Will be interesting to see whether the actions of the New Capricans are dictated by a belief that the fleet will eventually come back, or if they are on their own. I spent the BSG *offseason* watching the S1 and S2.0 dvds, but it's been awhile since I saw the end of 2.5. I'm tivoing the BSG marathon today so I'll probably watch the 1.5 hour S2 finale before the S3 premiere. My kids are going to have a tired dad tomorrow.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Just spent the last 17 days watching all episodes in season 1 & 2 from dvd. Working up to the start of season 3 of BSG on SciFi. Even though the picture quality sucks on SciFi I will still be watching. I watched one webisode and decided I did not want to spoil the it when the season picks up again.

I will watch the last two episodes of season 2 today and watch season 3 later on today as well.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I've been watching from Pegasus to the end of the season. Really pumped for the premier tonight. One question... and I don't know if anyone knows the answers.

What happened to the Sharon and Number 6 from "Downloaded"? Was that them in the final episode on Caprica? Will we see them again? Sometimes it's hard to keep the Sharons and Sixes and their specific histories straight!

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
andrew, i believe if you have a good connection to scifi.com it will give you the better version... but we cant tell because there is no status/indicators. if you have a good connection and arent uploading anything you shold be able to get the sharper image... if you don't refresh.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Glad i dont have to wait 7 months to see what happens next. Very good season premiere. And a good Doctor Who as well! :)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Wow, has it been 7 months? I knew it was a long time!

First reaction: Well, they went to about every dark corner you can go. I'm going to have to let the whole thing settle for awhile.

About my earlier question... After I rewatched last season's finale it was obvious that it was Caprica Six, and this episode comfirmed it was the old Sharon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks